The leisurely comic discussion thread

Aaron Robinson

Yeah, that's a Chick Tract for you. The guy cannot draw kids for shit. Case in point:

200px-Chick_Tract.jpg

So, is that one against Halloween, or education in general?

Chick Tracts are hilarious to me now, but when I was a kid, I was given one by some door-to-door weirdo and it freaked me the fuck out. We were a "church every Sunday" family growing up, so I was open to the idea that not paying rapt attention in church would condemn me to the Hell so lovingly detailed in the comic the stranger at the door gave me. My dad wound up chasing the guy down the street.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is it just me, or did the Ultimate Spider-Man comic feel rushed at times? I get that Bendis' strength is in character development and dialogue, but it just sometimes feels like, he just rushes through the fight scenes, the climax to stories, to get back to telling character centric situations. Like with the Carnage arc, and how Carnage is just, easily defeated.

Also, I really felt like, a year before the death of Ultimate Spider-Man, that Bendis was dead set in rushing through Peter's stories, to try and get to the Miles Morales stuff.

I will say, even Bendis couldn't make the clone saga utterly stupid, no matter how hard he tried to keep it short and interesting, it was still confusing, and a bit odd.

Absolutely insane Superman project announced.

"My secret project is announced Im writing a three-part Adventures of Superman epic entitled Strange Visitor, collaborating with an insane roster of artists including Ming Doyle, Brent Schoonover, David Williams, Al Gordon, Tula Lotay and Jason Shawn Alexander, all under a cover by Jon Bogdanove.

With Earth exploding around them, Old Man Kamandi tells the Last King of America the seventy five year parable of Superman, from 1938 to 2013, leading to humanitys final damnation or salvation, concluding with a look at the end of all existence with Supermans final act in the universes entropic death rattle."

Plot bet- The Last King of America is revealed as Superman in the end.

Did you read the same prestige format Elseworlds tale I did, or are you really good at guessing stuff?

I'm going to guess that I'm good at guessing stuff!

I mean, for that sort of thing it's usually revealed that he was secretly there all along, like with Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow. Superman just like retiring and growing a moustache.