The leisurely comic discussion thread

Aaron Robinson

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really liked Dark Reign The List- Punisher, and not just for the art (although Romita Jr was the perfect choice here). Frank's never been superhuman, he's just a tough as nails war vet in his 60's and I think the way this went really paid homage to the characters toughness, motivations and abilities. We already know that the direction this takes from here is just plain crazy, but there wasn't a whole lot more that could be done with Punisher as he was, I mean you couldn't have him running around looking exactly the same when he's 70 or 80. At least this way crazy shit happens and then maybe by the end of it everything returns to normal and Frank's age get halved. They didn't do this just for the sake of it.

Gotta say though, I'd rather have seen this sort of thing done in an Old Man Logan sort of way. Set it for when Frank is in his late 70's, call it Old Man Frank and make an 8 part story that defines who he is and the world he has occupied, both mainstream and Max.

Wow, Brian Azzarello just made the list of people I don't care to interview.

HA HA HA! I was going to e-mail you last week to ask if you had heard that interview on Word Balloon. Sometimes, if you listen closely, you can tell when he's joking. Mostly, however, he seems so standoffish.

He laughs snidely at half the questions. He answers with one word for about a third of the questions.

It was PAINFUL!!!

"Is it an ongoing or a mini-series"

"It's a miniseries."

"Is it 8 issues? Twelve issues?"

"Six issues."

Wow, really riveting stuff.

Siuntres as usual was a pro but you could tell he was struggling with that one. Ugh.

There was one point when John asked Brian something or other (it doesn't matter what), and Brian's response was, "Me?" No, the other guy he's interviewing right this moment. :rolleyes:

Another moment that made my skin crawl: They were talking about a Doc Savage supporting character, and Brian laughed snidely before saying, "Monk was the original Wolverine." John then said, "You're right!" Brian's response: "I know I am," with a "duh" tone to his voice.

Frank looks great, but I honestly think Dillon went out of his way to make Daken look more ridiculous.

Fixed.

Well, that's the best thing. Dillon didn't draw anything that wasn't already there and meant to make him "dark and edgy", he just gave it the sort of presentation that makes it look terrible.

Who said I was reading it? :P I'm just following it on Scans_Daily and being incredibly glad that I'm not dropping money for it.

Money? The smallest cost that series can extract from you is money. What about your precious time and valuable brain function. Money comes and goes but these are finite qualities.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I figured this should go here... I have a question... have perry white and j jonah jameson ever been in the same comic at each others throats?

I'm watching Lois & Clark and I think that the late Lane Smith and j.k. simmons would make great newspaper rivals. Of course the lane smith thing would never happen, but have Perry and JJ ever been in the same room or on the same panel?

I figured this should go here... I have a question... have perry white and j jonah jameson ever been in the same comic at each others throats?

I'm watching Lois & Clark and I think that the late Lane Smith and j.k. simmons would make great newspaper rivals. Of course the lane smith thing would never happen, but have Perry and JJ ever been in the same room or on the same panel?

There has been a Superman/Spiderman comic in the 70's, and I don't think these two ever met.

Though you are right, it would be awesome. It would have J Jonah being a Lex fan, I'm guessing.