The leisurely comic discussion thread

Aaron Robinson

Guest DCAUFan1051

Just finished reading Guardian Devil TPB. I liked it for the most part, but was kind of let down when the villain turned out to be

Mysterio

I mean really?

Maybe I'm not capturing the story right, but that was a huge letdown for me. I can see why he was used, because he likes to play games with people's minds.

Overall really glad I got this from Malpractice. Now I need to get more Green Arrow & Black Canary. I need issue 8 and on from there.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just finished reading Guardian Devil TPB. I liked it for the most part, but was kind of let down when the villain turned out to be

Mysterio

I mean really?

Maybe I'm not capturing the story right, but that was a huge letdown for me. I can see why he was used, because he likes to play games with people's minds.

I thought it was like a peak point of that characters career, I really liked it.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Mysterio

I mean really?

I thought it was like a peak point of that characters career, I really liked it.

I dunno... I think that the story builds and builds it had me thinking it was gonna be some villain I've never heard of. And then oh hey kids look mysterio. I'm not complaining about the rest of the story at all.. it is pretty awesome. My only issue is the choice of villain. Anyways still enjoyed it.

Flash rebirth issue 6.

That says the mini series isn't ending until March 2010. Is this just a precautionary measure by DC, who have already pushed back the series several times?

Also, seeing as I double posted, a few questions:

I was reading Wolverine origins 24 and 25, and they show an image of Wolverine cutting Sabertooth's head off, has he done that? Also, can Deadpool only reattach his limbs and not grow new ones?

Also, you know what I like about trying some Marvel stuff now, they actually try and get you up to date, they don't tell you everything that's going on, just some of the stuff you'd need to know.

I was reading Wolverine origins 24 and 25, and they show an image of Wolverine cutting Sabertooth's head off, has he done that? Also, can Deadpool only reattach his limbs and not grow new ones?

Yup. It was in a story called Evolution. Logan cut his head off with the Muramusa blade (which negates healing factor) and he's been dead ever since.

Yup. It was in a story called Evolution. Logan cut his head off with the Muramusa blade (which negates healing factor) and he's been dead ever since.

Yeah, because mutant powers can be negated by a kind of sword... :rolleyes:

If anyone wants to buy this run i have it including the Tales from the Crypt homage variant cover of the last issue (the reason I bought it in the first place)

I was kind of under the impression that being beheaded was one of the only ways to kill Wolverine or Sabretooth, regardless of any healing factor. Could be wrong though.

I think Jeph Loeb has a sword that negates good comics writing.

No no no, Geoff Johns wields that sword. He just repeatedly stabs Jeph Loeb with it for fun.

I was kind of under the impression that being beheaded was one of the only ways to kill Wolverine or Sabretooth, regardless of any healing factor. Could be wrong though.

Deadpool's factor is based on Wolverine's. Wolverine cut off Wade's head. Bob: Agent of Hydra chased Wade's head through a fight between Hydra Henchmen and Wolverine, before reattaching it to Wade's body. As long as brain death didn't occur (something like twelve minutes without bloodflow), Wade could regenerate. I don't know what bearing that has on Wolvie and Sabertooth, but it's a precedent.

Flash rebirth issue 6.

That says the mini series isn't ending until March 2010. Is this just a precautionary measure by DC, who have already pushed back the series several times?

The sucky thing I was just starting to dig Flash Rebirth and the ending is vaguely spoiled due to Blackest Night: The Flash.

Superman and The Legion of Super-Heroes was probably Johns' best arc on Action Comics.

Brainiac was a pretty good arc as well. Still, the Legion Story does a good job of bring back the pre-crisis Legion. Between it and Final Crisis: Legion of Three Earths, I am definitely picking up back issues of Adventure Comics just for the co-feature.

Recently got into a small argument about the Punisher at a comic book store.

The guys there were adamant that he has some kind of otherworldly power, or made a sacrifice somewhere (similar to Peter Parker's idiotic arc with the marriage trading) that allows him to survive some of these impossible situations that he gets his self into.

I disagree. I think it's a combination of being a highly trained, super efficient killing machine without a shred of conscience worth mentioning, and a steadfast will to destroy every enemy he's ever had.

Yeah, as soon as I found out the otherworldly stuff, the punisher stopped being interesting.

Anyway:

(BALTIMORE, MD) — (December 23, 2009) — From cool kids comics to the greatest super-hero fare, from classic reprints to the latest stories, it’s a wide spectrum of comics covered in the Gold and Silver comic books available for Free Comic Book Day 2010!

The Free Comic Book Day (FCBD) Committee is pleased to announce the Gold and Silver Sponsors and their comic books for FCBD 2010, which will be held Saturday, May 1, 2010. Complete descriptions of all thirty-three FCBD titles can be found online now at www.freecomicbookday.com, and in the January issue of Diamond Comic Distributors’ PREVIEWS catalog, available on January 6th, 2010.

Selected by retailers who serve on the FCBD Committee, this year’s roster of Gold and Silver Sponsors and their books include a comic book for everyone’s tastes:

Gold Comic Books

• Ape Entertainment: Kizoic Presents: Shrek and the Penguins of Madagascar

• Archie Comics: Archie's Summer Splash!

• Archaia Entertainment: Mouse Guard/Fraggle Rock Flip Book

• BOOM! Studios: Toy Story

• Dark Horse Comics: Doctor Solar/Magnus: Robot Fighter

• DC Comics: War of the Supermen #0

• Drawn & Quarterly: YOW! The John Stanley Library

• IDW Publishing: G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #155-1/2

• Image Comics: Fractured Fables

• Marvel Comics: Iron Man/Thor

Silver Comic Books

• Archie Comics: Sonic The Hedgehog: Hide & Seek & Destroy!

• Aspen MLT: Worlds of Aspen

• Asylum Press: Fearless Dawn/Asylum Press Sampler

• Bluewater Productions: S.E. Hinton's/Fame

• Bongo Comics: Bongo Comics Free For All

• BOOM! Studios: Irredeemable #1

• DC Comics: DC Kids Mega Sampler

• Del Rey Comics: Del Rey Showcase

• Dynamite Entertainment: Green Hornet #1

• Fantagraphics Books: Weathercraft: A Frank Comic

• Gemstone Publishing: The Overstreet Guide to Collecting Comics

• IDW Publishing: Library of American Comics #0

• Maerkle Press: Love and Capes #13

• Marvel Comics: Iron Man:Supernova

• New England Comics: The Tick #1 Special Edition

• Oni Press: Oni Press Free-For-All

• Oni Press: Sixth Gun #1

• Radical Publishing: Radical: Bigger Books! Bigger Value!

• Red 5 Comics: Atomic Robo and Friends

• Storm Lion: Freedom Formula: Speed Metal Overtures

• Th3rd World Studios: Stuff of Legend/Mortal Instruments

• Top Shelf Productions: Owly & Friends

• Top Cow Productions: Artifacts: First Look

ADDITIONAL ITEMS

• Upper Deck: Upper Deck Marvel TCG Promo Pack

• NECA/WizKids: Marvel Heroclix: War Machine Figure

Look for more FCBD news and updates on the FCBD website, www.freecomicbookday.com.; become a fan at Facebook ; and follow us on Twitter: www.Twitter.com/FCBD10.

Source

Punisher: Born flat out supports the otherworldly theory. The guy was still kicking in his sixties before he finally died.

Yeah I read that, but I feel like it was a real cop out of a story. I mean, Punisher is one of those guys that just works better grounded in some semblance of reality. He's a breath of fresh air in all of the super-powered, over-exposed titles.

Thank goodness. Though Castle dying would almost tie into that story if they wanted to. Almost like (dare I say it and give them another horrible idea that they could run with) they could attempt to make him Marvel's Spawn...banish the thought. I unthink it. I recant. Please god don't let them do that.