General travel tips and help

MaxPower

Thought I'd start up this thread where we can assist each other for any trips being planned, share the local knowledge so to speak. I've got a question off the bat.

My sister is heading stateside in October and wanted to catch a college football game. She'll be in Boston, NYC and Chicago and was wondering how easy the tickets are to get for these. She expressed some interest in an Ivy League game (I'm sure it's a Gossip Girl influence, haha). Can anyone assist with where the tickets are best purchased?

Thought I'd start up this thread where we can assist each other for any trips being planned, share the local knowledge so to speak. I've got a question off the bat.

My sister is heading stateside in October and wanted to catch a college football game. She'll be in Boston, NYC and Chicago and was wondering how easy the tickets are to get for these. She expressed some interest in an Ivy League game (I'm sure it's a Gossip Girl influence, haha). Can anyone assist with where the tickets are best purchased?

Well, remember that most football games are on Saturdays so first step would be for her to check their online schedule. Also, I know with Ohio State games, certain ones will be sold out months in advance (The OSU/Michigan game is insane to get tickets to) so if the website doesn't sell tickets there, try calling the box office. If push comes to shove, she can find scalpers outside of the game also though that will cost a bit.

Well, remember that most football games are on Saturdays so first step would be for her to check their online schedule. Also, I know with Ohio State games, certain ones will be sold out months in advance (The OSU/Michigan game is insane to get tickets to) so if the website doesn't sell tickets there, try calling the box office. If push comes to shove, she can find scalpers outside of the game also though that will cost a bit.

Ok, you've assumed way too much there already. Didn't know they were mainly Saturdays. What is the best site to buy tickets.

Ok, you've assumed way too much there already. Didn't know they were mainly Saturdays. What is the best site to buy tickets.

Stubhub.com

Stubhub.com

Hmmm, she tried that but it was a 2 ticket minimum on there apparently and she's travelling alone. Unless one my Earth-2 brethren would like to act as a chaperone :unsure: no wait, can I take that back, hehe.

• 1 year later...

Bumping this for another sibling, this time it's my brother travelling to the States this October. He's heading to NYC, Boston and Chicago and was wondering what you locals would recommend as activities, places to see, places to eat that aren't the usual tourist hub. Off the beaten path type thing.

Any tips will be greatly appreciated.