Wonder Woman TV Series

Koete

As it turns out, the costume we've all seen isn't the only one she'll be wearing.

"There was an initial outcry about the long pants - you know, skintight pants as opposed to those little shorts [worn by Lynda Carter in the original TV series]. But the shorts were always planned. They are actually used in the final confrontation when she beats Veronica Cale (played by Elizabeth Hurley)."

http://blastr.com/2011/04/new-wonder-woman-will-wea.php

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

I imagine this is how that screening went:

Head Executive: Why did we buy this shit?

Lower Executive: The numbers we looked at said the target demographic would like........I'll just clean out my desk.

NBC has done far stupider shit the last ten years with no one getting shitcanned

First it sounded like NBC had picked it up, but now it's been shelved.

WOOHOOO!!!!

I hope now that they drop the pilot, the scripts and anything written down about this 'Wonder Woman' series down the deepest hole they can find, fill it in with concrete and put The Destroyer on guard to kill anyone who tries to dig it out. I would also suggest that anyone involved in making it, has their minds wiped of all knowledge of it.

This was an abomination. It was NOT Wonder Woman, despite all efforts by Kelly, NBC and DC to convince us otherwise. Thank all the gods and goddesses it is now dead. I can only hope that it stays dead.

WOOHOOO!!!!

I hope now that they drop the pilot, the scripts and anything written down about this 'Wonder Woman' series down the deepest hole they can find, fill it in with concrete and put The Destroyer on guard to kill anyone who tries to dig it out. I would also suggest that anyone involved in making it, has their minds wiped of all knowledge of it.

This was an abomination. It was NOT Wonder Woman, despite all efforts by Kelly, NBC and DC to convince us otherwise. Thank all the gods and goddesses it is now dead. I can only hope that it stays dead.

I'm actually a bit disappointed, I wanted to see what they had come up with;

Have you seen the pilot? Cause only seeing images and reading possible storylines on the internet does not give anyone the right to pre-judge. This could have been a great show, NBC passed on this because they are desperate for ratings, so any negativity will make them second guess themselves. The Lynda Carter series I enjoyed, but it was way too campy even for the 70's, but we gave that series a chance and look what happened, its become part of the legacy. I hope its released on a DVD at some point, like Aquaman is going to be.

If you made a Wonder Woman series or anyone who has said negative stuff on something they haven't seen yet, what would you do? Keep in mind you have TV budget(which is just a tad higher than a Low Budget film)and 2up to a 22 episode per season story arc to write.

The pilot has not been leaked to the internet (though that'll be rectified shortly I'm willing to bet), however, people who DID see the pilot posted reviews and major plot points (links posted earlier in the thread, if I remember correctly), and yes, I'm sorry, it sounds like absolute shit.

And yes, I get the right to judge if Wonder Woman's costumes make her look like a rent-a-hooker.

Do people not realize that Wonder Woman will always look like a hooker in live action? It's a six foot tall woman in fuck-me boots and blue skivvies that uses her bondage rope to tame the bad guys.

It seems everyone's main point of contention is whether or not she looks like a patriotic hooker.

Do people not realize that Wonder Woman will always look like a hooker in live action? It's a six foot tall woman in fuck-me boots and blue skivvies that uses her bondage rope to tame the bad guys.

It seems everyone's main point of contention is whether or not she looks like a patriotic hooker.

Thank you, judging it according to others opinions and by the way she looks is not the way to go. The Aquaman pilot had a hell of a thing going for it, t had two major stars and considering it was a pilot was somewhat engaging. The Crosby pilot was great, but it was called Wonder Woman and that pissed people off, if it wasn't called that it would have turned into a great series.

This is why the show was doomed from the start.

It could have been the most well-written, captivating piece of television ever conceived, but people would have been infinitely more concerned with whether or not her boots were the right colour.