Iron Man 3

Missy

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read something about Killian using Extremis to make techno-super-soldiers, so Patriot sort of makes sense in that context, modeling his first super soldier after THE first super soldier. I fully expect Stark to have some smart line about Cap, upon first seeing that, though.

I'm all for other suits or mechs, Crimson Dynamo and Detroit Steel are longtime effective foils for Iron Man, his whole story is one of an arms race. That being said, we don't need another Iron Man clone like Iron Patriot. We've got War Machine already, lets leave it at that and have the bad guys wear/control something more interesting..

I have a feeling we are going to see a ton of different armor sets in this thing.

Edit: And to prove my point:

With these images of James Badge Dale on the set as the Iron Patriot, that creates a lot of confusion as to just who is going to be part of IRON MAN 3 and to what expect, especially since Dale was cast as Eric Savin who eventually becomes Coldblood, never Iron Patriot.In fact, it was Norman Osborn (after the Civil War, in the post-S.H.I.E.L.D. world where HAMMER replaced it) who was. But we can't see Norman Osborn in the Marvel Movie Universe unless Sony is ready to give special permission for his use outside of the Spider-Man Universe, which is highly doubtful at this point... so that means perhaps Savin may begin as Iron Patriot before somehow being turned into Coldblood later in the film. How could that happen?Latino Review insists that Ben Kingsley is going to be The Mandarin... no ifs, ands or buts about it. Regardless of what Marvel wants to say, that's the role he's going to play, but he'll be more of an over-arcing character in the background while Guy Pearce's Aldrich Killian is center stage as the villain. That still allows for Coldblood and Firepower (Ashley Hamilton) to get involved, but damn if that doesn't sound like a shitload of villains for Tony Stark to take on in one movie.This is sounding less and less like a firm follow of the Extremis storyline, as only select elements from it are picked and chosen.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/56083

Possible spoilers ahead.

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/06/05/iron-man-3-set-photo-villain-clue/

Not sure how to set up a spoiler tag for an image, so I'll just link to the article.

There is a possibility it could be photoshopped, but I hope it isn't. Probably will only be setup for some plot in another Avengers movie, but if this plays out in the right way I might have a literal fangasm.

That was not Iron Patriot, it was War Machine.

We happened to find this out a good 2 hours after we jumped on the Iron Patriot bandwagon and reported it, but I had to sit on it and watch people endlessly report “Iron Patriot” news.

It wasn’t until we finally got a look at Don Cheadle on set that we here at Latino-Review can clear something up for you:

That armor you’ve been seeing? That’s not Iron Patriot, that’s War Machine and this is all based on a “hey that white guy must be James Badge Dale” mistake made by a photo service or a gossip site (hard to trace back).

It’s not a movie star, it’s just a white guy. A very nice stunt man who allowed Don Cheadle to not be on set that day. The scene they were filming had Tony Stark and a bunch of military folks, so it makes total sense that this is the moment they debut the new War Machine armor.

We’re getting this from someone on set who says what we’re all calling “Iron Patriot” is Don Cheadle’s new armor. For purposes of clarity, I’ll still be calling it War Machine, even if the movie decides to call him “Iron Patriot”

The US Government has had their hands on this Stark suit for awhile, and apparently they’ve decided to make it more patriotic (especially with the nano-technology stuff I hear is going down in China these days, it’s important for America to look good, not like ‘Iron Man 2′s’ bulky grey War Machine).

That’s why the set photo of “Iron Patriot” has the War Machine gun on his back, because it’s NOT Iron Patriot, it’s NOT James Badge Dale, it’s NOT Coldblood-7.

The scene they were shooting at the airport in North Carolina (where we once again nabbed some spy photos of the new armor) involves

the Vice President and a flight to China. Since the world is a world of super-humans post Avengers, who better to guard the Veep than America’s most expensive armor?

http://latino-review.com/2012/06/08/exclusive-iron-patriot-iron-man-3/

• 1 month later...