Episode 52

RSS

In his grand return, The Master frames The Doctor for the murder of the Gallifreyan Lord President ("The Deadly Assassin"). And a mistake comes back to haunt The Doctor, as a sentient computer with The Doctor's personality causes havoc on a distant world ("The Face of Evil"). Also, the leather-clad Leela joins the TARDIS. Mmmmhhh, Leela! [ 1:13:09 || 33.5 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/biggerontheinside/episodes/bigger_052.mp3

very good episode :-)

2 good stories, The Deadly Assassin is excellent, one of my favourites.

Regarding the Face of Evil, the idea that it was close after the regeneration when the doctor made the visit is taken, i think, from the Target Novelisation. An intersting little fact is that the child's voice isn't provided by an actor, it was a boy who had won a competition to visit the Doctor Who set, and while there they just asked him to record the line.

I must admit though, when you were talking about the best story which you are covering next time, my first thought was "Oh yes, it's Robots of Death next...good" :-D I'll still maintain that Robots is a better story than Talons :-)

During the show, I forgot to mention one of my favorite parts of "The Face of Evil."

Leela offers The Doctor advice regarding the Test of the Horda, causing another member of the Sevateem to smack her across the face. Pissed, The Doctor asks, "Who is that man," then flicks one of the flesh-eating Horda at him. Totally badass.

During the show, I forgot to mention one of my favorite parts of "The Face of Evil."

Leela offers The Doctor advice regarding the Test of the Horda, causing another member of the Sevateem to smack her across the face. Pissed, The Doctor asks, "Who is that man," then flicks one of the flesh-eating Horda at him. Totally badass.

I can't believe I forgot to mention that! That was fucking HARD.

I'll still maintain that Robots is a better story than Talons :-)

I'll second that. Robots of Death also feature what I think is the best companion that never was.

Which one? It's packed full of interesting characters...but if you mean D-84, I agree...far better than k9 :)

Toos gets my vote. Or maybe Zilda (if only for the outfit).