Episode 01: A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

RSS

For the first official episode of Tranquil Tirades, James, Damien, and Mike sit down to watch the 2010 reimagining of A Nightmare on Elm Street. Medical inaccuracies, racial cleansing, and giant gaping plot holes are the order of the day as James tries to hold back the rage of his two horror-loving co-hosts. Meanwhile, Mike has trouble with names, and Damien may be Clancy Brown's adopted son. With special appearance by Waldo the Dog! [ 2:20:47 || 64.8 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/tranquiltirades/episodes/tranquiltirades_001.mp3

Rooney Mara was the worst actor in the movie for me.

And I believe they say in the movie that Freddy showed Quentin what happened in the past to make him and Nancy think Freddy might have been innocent. Which doesn't really make sense, just saying they explained it.

Oh, and the very end bit of the episode was fantastic.

Dubs' favorite Nightmare is New Nightmare? The meta-film in the series?

More for its portrayal of Freddy than anything. The film-within-a-film stuff was inconsequential to me.

That said, there is some meta-fiction I like (eXistenZ, Discworld, some Martin Amis stuff), it's just that most of the time, there's a disconnect there that I can't get over. Typically, if I invest myself in a story, I don't like being told that the story is bullshit just so the creator can make some sort of clever point.

Dubs' favorite Nightmare is New Nightmare? The meta-film in the series?

More for its portrayal of Freddy than anything. The film-within-a-film stuff was inconsequential to me.

That said, there is some meta-fiction I like (eXistenZ, Discworld, some Martin Amis stuff), it's just that most of the time, there's a disconnect there that I can't get over. Typically, if I invest myself in a story, I don't like being told that the story is bullshit just so the creator can make some sort of clever point.

eXistenZ was fucking awesome.

Damn, Michael really is the new Adham! And that makes your dynamic very good, because there wouldn't be much call for a tertiary presenter if he didn't offer something different to James and Dubs, who have a proven rapport already.

Very good debut episode - like Mike, I've listened to this about three times already! :yes: