Episode 01

RSS

Join the British duo of Dave Probert and Ian Wilson as they homage Bigger on the Inside, and begin their journey through British sci-fi show Blake's 7. In "The Way Back" Blake is framed by the Federation for a crime he didn't commit and sentenced to exile. And in "Space Fall" Blake leads a prisoners' uprising while the crew encounters a mysterious spaceship. The pair also discuss disco shades of the future, death by slapstick, and begin their count of actors who have also appeared in Doctor Who. [ 1:33:02 || 42.6 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/shakeandblake/episodes/shakeandblake_001.mp3

downloading as I type this and I must know......is this a oneshot or will you really be doing the whole Blakes 7 run? If you are then all i can say is Wow this is really getting to be one of my fave sites. granted i don't post much as others say the same thing i do but if you don't mind i will be posting now even if others say the same thing

For the record if this is a ongoing then that means the I follow the following

bigger on the inside

worlds finest

main earth 2 podcast

better in the dark

i would follow the horror one too but the stuff it covers is a mostly unknown to me but i can't get past the odd music bits other then that.........

i would follow the horror one too but the stuff it covers is a mostly unknown to me but i can't get past the odd music bits other then that.........

Dude, give Dread Media a try. You might find some new stuff you want to try. I wouldn't like Clive Barker as much as I do if not for the podcast and the music may not be your tastes but you might find some stuff that you really like in there.

Sadly unlike Doctor Who most of here in the us will be unable to watch the eps with the hosts as the BBC hasn't released the DVD's over here :(

Oh man, that sucks. Hopefully with Doctor Who getting a bigger following maybe Blake's 7 will get a release.

I hope you all enjoy the show. As I think we mention on the podcast this has been in the pipeline for about a year so it's nice to finally have the show out there.

Hopefully the internet fairy will be generous to you all.

It's great to have you back on a monthly podcast, Ian! You were missed. Greatly.

It's nice to be back! I still have Comic Reel-lief as an ongoing project, but this is a great way to be less sporadic in my contributions. And now that Michael Cole is part of the staff, the onus on me finding a new project for me & Adham is not as great!

And Dave, welcome to the site! (I know you've been around on the forums for a while, but I mean to the mainpage.)

I was genuinely starstruck (in a podcast sense) when I met Dave last year because I'm a big fan of The Ecclectic Podcast. With or without Chris Brosnahan, there are some top notch episodes on there. And given Rape Whistle Ronald, I hope people won't judge "Feed-Dax" too harshly.... ;)

really enjoyed the first episode. I love Blake's 7.

a few thoughts...Your Doctor Who actor count has missed out the regular characters (Avon, Vila, Zen all had Doctor Who appearences). regarding all the actors from Face of Evil appearing in Space Fall, they were both directed by Pennant Roberts, which probably accounts for it.

The Way Back is such a good story, and so different in tone to everything else. It's so adult and grim.

Terry Nation may be credited with all the episodes in series 1, but there's a quote from Chris Boucher (the script editor who wrote so many great episodes of the show (and also did 3 Doctor Who stories)) that the deadlines were so tight that Terry Nation told them, you can have the first drafts of every episode, or you can have rewrites of them. So a lot of the final script rewrites were done by Boucher.

this is more to do with the next episode too, but I can't watch Space Fall (and Cygnus Alpha), without wondering what Avon, Blake and Jenna got up to on the Liberator for the 4 months it took them to travel to the prison planet (they boarded the Liberator when the prison ship was 4 months into the 8 month journey, and then arrive at the planet after the prison ship arrives). Given they don't discover the transporter room till they're in orbit around the planet, the mind boggles :D

We are going to be making mention of the main cast's appearances in Doctor Who next episode as Time Squad is a low on guest cast.

Didn't know how much work Boucher did on the first series but I can understand it. Writing that many episodes is a big undertaking.

you make a very good point about the time it takes to travel to Cygnus as a bit of a plot hole. The London is 4 months away but the Liberator makes the journey in next to no time which they use to make a point about how fast the ship is but if they travelled that fast they would in fact have made it to Cygnus well before the London and have to spend ages waiting for the old rust bucket to arrive.

I obviously have no way of knowing how much work Nation actually did, but he was pretty famous for handing some notes for a story scribbled on the back of an envelope to his script editor and saying, "There you go," leaving the bulk of the actual writing to his editor.

Loving the podcast, gents.

I obviously have no way of knowing how much work Nation actually did, but he was pretty famous for handing some notes for a story scribbled on the back of an envelope to his script editor and saying, "There you go," leaving the bulk of the actual writing to his editor.

There's an interesting article on wiki about the production of Blake's 7, which talks about the writing of Series 1.

I would say though, that if you're planning on watching it, don't read anything about the series, particularly the final episode. It's worth remaining unspoiled.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Blake's_7

There's an interesting article on wiki about the production of Blake's 7, which talks about the writing of Series 1.

I would say though, that if you're planning on watching it, don't read anything about the series, particularly the final episode. It's worth remaining unspoiled.

I am VERY much planning on watching it, and eagerly anticipate the day it's fionally released on DVD here in the States. However, I do know how the show ends, and really wish I didn't.

I am VERY much planning on watching it, and eagerly anticipate the day it's fionally released on DVD here in the States. However, I do know how the show ends, and really wish I didn't.

Of all the things I don't know about the series, even I know how Blake's 7 culminates. It's pretty much one of the go-to shows when thinking about TV series with definite endings.

Dan, I highly recommend the internet fairy. If not, I know a man who can sort you out in a Del Trotter stylee.

• 1 year later...