Every comic you've read in 2011

Missy

Moon Knight Special Edition #1-3:After bouncing around in early appearances after his debut, MK landed as the backup in the Hulk B&W mag in the late 70s. These three issues reprinted those stories a couple years later. Moench writes a grown-up, intelligent story that does not feel dated at all! Unreal! Sienkiewicz is a guy whose art I'm not the biggest fan of but here was before he went all nutso. The storytelling is genius and with the pastel painted colors by Oliff make it shockingly obvious how much Texeira was influenced by this run. 10/10

Comics: 282

Trades: 13

Graphic Novels: 1

Omnibuses: 5

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fear Itself #2: Sort of lost my interest. They were setting up the hammer wielders here, and sadly nothing else.

Ultimatum TPB: Fucking awful. I never want to read anything to do with the Ultimate Universe again. This was balls, and everything was just stupid and shit. It felt like someone said to Loeb "Go fuck some shit up" and he did. Just boring, and the art by David Finch, crap.

My one major complaint:

When the Blob eats the Wasp, I was thinking it'd be something cool like she's small and he knocks her out and eats her like she was just a snack. Instead he's pulling apart her body, and killed her off panel, before Hawkeye gets there.

It didn't even have the courtesy to kill people on panel half the time. It felt like the pages were drawn and someone said "Could you kill him too....and that guy" and the letterer just added the names to the list of casualties. I didn't care about the Ultimate Universe before, and now, instead of ignoring it, I'm going to flat out avoid it. So glad I didn't buy this, or anything to do with the Ultimate Universe.

Trades: 6

HC:0

Comics: 70

GN:0

Omnibus: 1

Alien VS Predator Volume 1 Omnibus. Tiny Titans #35, Brightest Day #17, Shazam: Monster Society of Evil TPB. Red Robin #19, Titans #31, Batman #706, Streets of Gotham #19, Brightest Day #18, Brave and Bold #33. Batman Beyond #1. Detective Comics #891, Detective Comics #892, Detective Comics #893. Action Comics #897, Shazam 1 shot. JL: Generation Lost 19, Secret Six #30, Red Robin #20, TMVP #6. Flash #9, Batman and Robin #20, Titans #32. Batman: Dark Knight #1. Green lantern #62, Green Lantern Corps #57, Brightest Day #20. Justice League International volumes 1-3. Teen Titans #92, Action Comics #898, JL:Generation Lost #20. Brightest Day #20, Green Lantern #63. The Crow TPB. Green Lantern: Rebirth #1, Batman and Robin #21, JL: Generation Lost #21 Batman Inc #3, Titans #33. Brightest Day #22, Red Robin #21, Secret Six #31. Green Lantern #64, GLC #58, Batman Inc #4. JL: Generation Lost #22, Batman: Streets of Gotham #22, Action Comics #899, Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man #155, Detective Comics #875, DC Universe Legacies #9-10. Fear Itself #1, Brightest Day #23. Red Robin #22, Ultimate Spider-Man #156, The Flash #10, JL: Generation Lost #23, COIE #12, All Star Comics #3, Legion of Superheroes #300, Batman and Robin #22. Ultimate Avengers VS New Ultimates #3, Deathstroke #3. Red Robin #22, Green Lantern #65, Green Lantern Corps #59. Action Comics #900, Batman Inc #5, Brightest Day #24, Detective Comics #876, The Flash #11, GL: Emerald Warriors #9, JL: Generation Lost #24, Secret Six #32. Ultimatum. Fear Itself #2

I agree with pretty much everything you said there, Suave. After Ultimatum, I gave up on the Ultimate Universe. I think I've read maybe five Ultimate comics since the end of the crossover, and that was almost two years ago. Before that, I read Ultimate Spider-Man religiously in trades, and gave the various miniseries a shot.

Darkhold #1-16: Several ups, more downs. The art goes from beautiful (early Tony Harris) to complete yuck (some other guy) but the thrust of the stry was what I was interested in and the characters wound up being somewhat interesting as well. 6/10

Comics: 298

Nightstalkers #1-14: Better overall than Darkhold, but Darkhold's great moments were way better. However, Ron Garney in 1993 was doing stuff that Leinel Yu and JR Jr. are getting their balls licked for today...and Garney's looks better. If anyone has scans of the last four issues, I would appreciate it (15-18). 8/10

Comics: 312

Midnight Sons Unlimited #1-9: Weirdly, nine issues of anb anthology and the two best stories are: a black and white Darkhold story drawn by Quesada and a WW2 Blazing Skull story by Dan Slott. That does not speak volumes for that series. 3/10

Comics: 321

Scott Pilgrim Vol 1

Well, I tried. I won't be buying volume 2.

Ten years ago, I probably would have loved this, but it annoyed me than anything. Felt like pandering nerd bait.

Marvel Comics Presents #125-175: Holy shit. It got worse. Lots worse. Who would have thought that Vengeance would be so fucking popular? The flipbook style transition is pretty bad and made way for some pretty terrible stories. People shit on Image guys for their art style but they were a breath of fresh air compared to what Marvel was trying to do in their absence.

Two bright spots: Steve Lightle is a guy whose style is like a mixture between P. Craig Russell, Jae Lee and Frank Miller. How the fuck was this guy not more popular?

And Sandy Plunkett's Ant-Man story is one of my favorite comic stories. Ant-Man versus a kid who's throwing gravy at him so he takes refuge inside a turkey? Awesome. His art is as close to a mixture between Brian Bolland and Alan Davis as you can get and is brilliant. Two bright spots in a murky pool of shit.

Near the end, things got so bad, they mislabelled the stories that were going to be in the book on the cover, mixed up page orders semi-regularly, and even provided glue-in word balloons complete with instructions to make a story make sense. There is no cooincidence that I don't recognize the names of the editors because if those guys are still working in the industry, I'll eat my fucking hat. 2/10

Vampirella Masters Series vol. 3 Mark Millar-Out of Ellis, Morrison and Millar, who would have thought that Millar would be the best. His two arcs blow everything those other guys did awa with this character. Nick Mayhew's art is sexy but too static at times. Still, it's pretty good. 7/10

Comics: 371

Trades: 14

The Flash #12: A humdrum end to the series, and would have served better as Flashpoint #0 and be released on FCBD, wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either.

Secret Six #33: Ugh. Fuck you Gail Simone. You were a good writer and you've lost the plot and write shit now. Congratulations.

Batman Inc #6: Alright issue. Wasn't fantastic, but it was enjoyable.

Flashpoint #1: First issue of an event. Nothing really happening, just world setting. Still looked awesome. Looking forward to issue #2.

Reb Robin #23: Looks like the series is getting back on track. Have to wait and see though.

Titans #35: Please get Phillip Tan off this book. He's actually making the book worse than it already is, and that is saying something.

Comics: 76

Alien VS Predator Volume 1 Omnibus. Tiny Titans #35, Brightest Day #17, Shazam: Monster Society of Evil TPB. Red Robin #19, Titans #31, Batman #706, Streets of Gotham #19, Brightest Day #18, Brave and Bold #33. Batman Beyond #1. Detective Comics #891, Detective Comics #892, Detective Comics #893. Action Comics #897, Shazam 1 shot. JL: Generation Lost 19, Secret Six #30, Red Robin #20, TMVP #6. Flash #9, Batman and Robin #20, Titans #32. Batman: Dark Knight #1. Green lantern #62, Green Lantern Corps #57, Brightest Day #20. Justice League International volumes 1-3. Teen Titans #92, Action Comics #898, JL:Generation Lost #20. Brightest Day #20, Green Lantern #63. The Crow TPB. Green Lantern: Rebirth #1, Batman and Robin #21, JL: Generation Lost #21 Batman Inc #3, Titans #33. Brightest Day #22, Red Robin #21, Secret Six #31. Green Lantern #64, GLC #58, Batman Inc #4. JL: Generation Lost #22, Batman: Streets of Gotham #22, Action Comics #899, Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man #155, Detective Comics #875, DC Universe Legacies #9-10. Fear Itself #1, Brightest Day #23. Red Robin #22, Ultimate Spider-Man #156, The Flash #10, JL: Generation Lost #23, COIE #12, All Star Comics #3, Legion of Superheroes #300, Batman and Robin #22. Ultimate Avengers VS New Ultimates #3, Deathstroke #3. Red Robin #22, Green Lantern #65, Green Lantern Corps #59. Action Comics #900, Batman Inc #5, Brightest Day #24, Detective Comics #876, The Flash #11, GL: Emerald Warriors #9, JL: Generation Lost #24, Secret Six #32. Ultimatum. Fear Itself #2. The Flash #12, Flashpoint #1, Secret Six #33, Batman Inc #3, Red Robin #23, Titans #35

Green Lantern(s) #65-I'm actually a little worried about what's going to happen to Hal at the end of this. Mahnke: I want to have your babies.

Green Lantern Corps #59-Seeing the four Earth Lanterns in action as all different kinds of Lanterns is one of the bigggest "aw yeah" moments of the year for me. If not THE biggest.

GL Emerald Warriors #9-If you're a GL fan and you are not enjoying what's going on in these books, then you're bitter. This is probably the best GL comics ever written (War of the GLs) and is a prime marker for how to do a crossover event.

Brightest Day #23,24-Wow. They really pulled it out at the end. I was astonished by the end of 24 and loved every bit of it. It's about damned time both of them came back to the regular DCU.

Batman Inc. #5-Yanick Paquette is a God. This UK story was a hell of a lot of fun.

Captain America #617-Meh. Losing its lustre for sure. I like the Gulag stuff but everyhting else is pretty rote and boring. I'm deifnitely dropping this and maybe moving to trades.

Punisher: Frankencastle-Hell fuckin' yeah! I pshawed at the announcement when it came out but this is probably the best comic Marvel has published in the past couple of years. Super fun with a real grasp of the horror characters. I would be happy if Remender and Aaron were given free reign with the horror realm of Marvel. Brereton, Boschi, Moore, great art all around. I even liked the Daken stuff!

The Calling: Cthulhu Chronicles-Reviewed the first issue with Mike back a while ago and were both impressed. The rest of the series did not let me down. Really fantastic Lovercraftian storytelling. Loved it. Is there going to be more of the Cthulhu Chronicles? I want more.

Gotham Central: In the Line of Duty-How the Hell have I never read this before? Great stuff. Every bit of it. Brilliantly paced and beautifully unfolded with some really powerful characters who act the exact way that they should. Perfect.

Comics: 378

Trades: 17

Punisher: Frankencastle-Hell fuckin' yeah! I pshawed at the announcement when it came out but this is probably the best comic Marvel has published in the past couple of years. Super fun with a real grasp of the horror characters. I would be happy if Remender and Aaron were given free reign with the horror realm of Marvel. Brereton, Boschi, Moore, great art all around. I even liked the Daken stuff!

Now that it's over, I think I'll give it a read. Like you, Des, I really hated the idea at first, but at least it was something different.

Gotham Central: In the Line of Duty-How the Hell have I never read this before? Great stuff. Every bit of it. Brilliantly paced and beautifully unfolded with some really powerful characters who act the exact way that they should. Perfect.

Are you going to read the rest of the series?

Trades:

Thor: The Mighty Avenger (Vol 1.)

Nice. I liked it. I'll probably read Vol 2.

Superman: Man of Steel

John Byrne has an incredible handle on how to tell interesting Superman stories. His Clark is a very down-to-Earth, likable character who feels like a perfect blend of the original Siegel & Shuster Superman and the Richard Donner/Christopher Reeve Superman. It's easy to see how much this influenced STAS, Lois & Clark, and Smallville. It's also notable that the latter two started to go off the rails as soon as they began moving away from the standard set by this book.

Comics: 7

HC: 4

Trades: 2

Batman, Inc. #5 and 6 - Issue 5 was solid and had some great Yanick Paquette art, but issue 6 was the best of the series so far and really moved the plot along. While he doesn't display the skill for different styles he had in issue 4, Chris Burnham's art was still excellent and I'm so glad to see he's in the rotation of artists.

Blue Estate #1 - The use of different artists for different time periods was interesting, but as this issue was pure exposition, I'll most likely not be back for issue 2.

Captain America: Fighting Avenger #1 - A one-shot essentially collecting the two issues of what was going to be an all ages Cap ongoing. It was okay, but not as strong as Thor: The Mighty Avenger.

Green Wake #1 - An application of noir tropes to a strange and otherworldly setting. The story is interesting and Riley Rossmo's art is incredible as always, so I'll be sticking with this.

Journey Into Mystery #623 - A nice mix of monsters, history between Loki and Thor, and Volstagg punching someone in the face. Still loving Braithwaite's art.

Moon Knight #1 - Started off interesting, but quickly fell into a generic superhero story. The last page is spoiled by the cover, so I don't understand why it was presented as some twist ending. Won't be continuing with this.

Nonplayer #1 - Very light on story, but the artwork is stunning.

Uncanny X-Force #8 and 9 - 8 was a decent story that set up for upcoming issues, but 9 had the feel of a back-up story tryout; one of the worst comics I've read in a long time. I didn't dislike Billy Tan's art, and I feel a lot of the credit goes to Dean White keeping the coloring consistent between these issues and Jerome Opena's.

Who is Jake Ellis? #3 - The story keeps going and Tonci Zonjic's art is still the highlight.

Total

Comic Books: 66

TPBs: 1

HCs: 1

Graphic Novels:

Manga:

Digital Comics: 2

Annihilators #1, Batman: Mad Love and Other Stories HC, Batman: The Return, Batman, Inc. #1-6, Batwoman #0, Blue Estate #1, Captain America: Fighting Avenger #1, Doctor Strange: From The Marvel Vault #1, Fried Rice #1, Godzilla: Kingdom of Monsters #1, Green Wake #1, Image Firsts: Hack/Slash #1, Hack/Slash (2011) #1-2, The Infinite Vacation #1-2, Iron Man: Enter The Mandarin TPB, Jimmy Olsen #1, Journey Into Mystery #622-623, Mage: The Hero Discovered #1, Marvel Must Have: Uncanny X-Force, Moon Knight #1, Nonplayer #1, Officer Downe, Orc Stain #5, The Punisher #1-9 and Annual #1, Ruse #1, Sea Bear and Grizzly Shark, Sea Ghost #1, The Sixth Gun #1-4, Transformers #1, Uncanny X-Force #4-9 and 5.1, The Untold Legend of The Batman #1-3, Venom #1, Who is Jake Ellis? #1-3, X-Statix #6-7 and 21-24, Xombi #1

Got a few more books in over the past month.

Ultimate Iron Man 1 and 2 by Orson Scott Card: Didn't like it. Both books have pacing issues and framed completely different (Book 1 jumps time to the most important parts of Stark life, including before his birth, Book 2 takes place over a couple of months at most), and the first one ends on a complete cliffhanger. The book changes the origin and while that is intriguing there's really nothing else interesting holding it together. The main plot is kind of boring, and the relationships are weird. It's fine but man it lacks depth.

Ultimate Iron Man: Armor Wars by Warren Ellis - With Ultimate Human, Ellis writes my favorite Ultimates book (and I was intrigued by Ultimate Galactus), here Ellis returns to Iron Man and produces something solid. It's got a solid plot with Stark tracking down variants of his armor sold to terrorists, it's a fun little book with lots of stuff going on, and you think it's pretty fluffy, but that last scene in the book, spins the book on its head and gives it all a different look. Unfortunately it's weighed down a little by all Jeph Loeb's Rapture on the Ultimate Universe and it recalls a few things from that, but Ellis (and a previously on) gives you everything you need to know to read this book. Ellis gets to play with Stark and gets to use all the techno babble that he likes so much, and he entwines it with witty banter and a solid globe-trotting adventure. Not the best book from one of my favorites, but a fun read, especially in the post Ultimatun environment.

Iron Man: Rapture - Not very good, I didn't really enjoy this one much at all. It just seems slapdash, another man vs. machine book that's very "been there, done that." The beginning stars off well enough, but it just devolves in my opinion as it goes along. Rhodey and Pepper play big roles in this one, sometimes bigger than the title character, and the story is completely forgettable. There's some awful twists and turns along the way, and it just plods along most times.

Essential Fantastic Four vol. 1: Stan and Jack's first 20 issues, yes it's dated, yes it's goofy and hokey, but the imagination on display and the creation of all these characters is amazing. The amount of ideas present here is astounding and they just keep flying at the page, sometimes too much. The stories are fun, sure there's too much dialogue on the page, there's a lot of cramming, but that's how these stories were done those days. There's a lot of repetitiveness reading them back to back and by the end it got kind of boring, but in general it was a lot of fun taking a look at these early stories. I'm going to skip volume 2 because my library doesn't have it and plus it's mostly cross-over stories with other characters, sure I'm missing some great issues (like the Dr. Doom origin in the big annual issue, the Hulk vs. Thing issue, and the Battle of the Baxter building, I only know because I read summaries of the issues in the second volume) but I get to the big famous stories quicker in vol. 3 which I heard is the pinnacle of Stan and Jack's run.

Ex Machina vol. 1-3 by Brian K. Vaughan: I'll go on record saying that Y The Last Man is probably my favorite comic book series of all time, so my love for Vaughan is on display (at least for that series, Pride of Baghdad is amazing too, but I could take or leave Runaways). As for Ex Machina, it's no Y, heck it doesn't match up to other favorites like Planetary, Preacher, or Sleeper, but it's pretty darn good. Vaughan mixes politics and superheroics pretty flawlessly and rarely uses his characters to be soapboxes for his own political ideologies, which even some of the best writers can't avoid. Vaughan spins a pretty good yarn thus far, has some decent characters, even if they are a little flat and lack the pop that makes a truly magnificent series. His dialogue is spot on and his stories are very well paced thus far. I am quite fond of the Kremlin character, he was a highlight of vol. 1 and when he disappeared for vol. 2 the quality went down tremendously in my opinion. Mitchell Hundred is a bit boring and kind of a blank slate, he hard to get into as a character and it's hard to feel for him. Vaughan is best when he's playing Mitchell Hundred off of his supporting characters. The other big problem is that some of the stories (especially the first volume) have anti-climactic conclusions. Vaughan never juggles one plot at a time, he constantly has an A Plot and a less important going side by side. Usually the A Plot is the big plot (murders, terrorist activities) that takes up most of the issue and the B Plot is the political issue (Gay Marriage, Controversial art, etc...). I think he plays with the idea of superheroes in a post 9/11 world very well, he does well with the realistic world and solutions but I think the themes need to come to the forefront more. They never got better than when Kremlin and Mitchell were arguing about what it truly means to be a hero in the shadow of ground zero. I'm waiting for more of that. So far really enjoyable but hardly one of the greats, and sometimes hardly memorable.

Ultimate Avengers VS New Ultimates #4: Shit. Complete shit. Millar is trying to do a big action movie, but the problem is, he's giving me no reason to give a fuck about anything that is going on. So, nothing new for Mark Millar then. Also, the linking in with USM didn't work here, it felt like two different things were happening, and Millar really didn't want fuck all to do with Ultimate Spider-Man.

Ultimate Spider-Man #158: Apart from the fact that it didn't feel like it linked in with what was going on with the Avengers book, it was enjoyable. I'm interested in what happens next, and who becomes the new Spider-Man, but after that, I'm back to ignoring the Ultimate Universe.

Batman and Robin #23: I was looking forward to this. But it was a let down, I'll wait till the next issue, as this was a set up for the next part of the Jason Todd story, and sadly, nothing else.

Booster Gold #44: A flashpoint tie in, that reminded people of what happened in Vanishing Point #6, and really nothing else.

Batman: Gates of Gotham #1: I'm interested in where this is going.

Comics: 81

Alien VS Predator Volume 1 Omnibus. Tiny Titans #35, Brightest Day #17, Shazam: Monster Society of Evil TPB. Red Robin #19, Titans #31, Batman #706, Streets of Gotham #19, Brightest Day #18, Brave and Bold #33. Batman Beyond #1. Detective Comics #891, Detective Comics #892, Detective Comics #893. Action Comics #897, Shazam 1 shot. JL: Generation Lost 19, Secret Six #30, Red Robin #20, TMVP #6. Flash #9, Batman and Robin #20, Titans #32. Batman: Dark Knight #1. Green lantern #62, Green Lantern Corps #57, Brightest Day #20. Justice League International volumes 1-3. Teen Titans #92, Action Comics #898, JL:Generation Lost #20. Brightest Day #20, Green Lantern #63. The Crow TPB. Green Lantern: Rebirth #1, Batman and Robin #21, JL: Generation Lost #21 Batman Inc #3, Titans #33. Brightest Day #22, Red Robin #21, Secret Six #31. Green Lantern #64, GLC #58, Batman Inc #4. JL: Generation Lost #22, Batman: Streets of Gotham #22, Action Comics #899, Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man #155, Detective Comics #875, DC Universe Legacies #9-10. Fear Itself #1, Brightest Day #23. Red Robin #22, Ultimate Spider-Man #156, The Flash #10, JL: Generation Lost #23, COIE #12, All Star Comics #3, Legion of Superheroes #300, Batman and Robin #22. Ultimate Avengers VS New Ultimates #3, Deathstroke #3. Red Robin #22, Green Lantern #65, Green Lantern Corps #59. Action Comics #900, Batman Inc #5, Brightest Day #24, Detective Comics #876, The Flash #11, GL: Emerald Warriors #9, JL: Generation Lost #24, Secret Six #32. Ultimatum. Fear Itself #2. The Flash #12, Flashpoint #1, Secret Six #33, Batman Inc #3, Red Robin #23, Titans #35. Ultimate Avengers VS New Ultimates #4, Ultimate Spider-Man #158, Batman and Robin #23, Booster Gold #44, Batman: Gates of Gotham #1.

JLI: Generation Lost Hardcover Vol 1: I have to say that while I was more interested in Brightest Day on an issue-basis, and while it has gotten a lot of flack, I still think they pulled it all together very nicely. This book was the tits! Goddamn, it's good. I really loved this. I am now aching for the second and final volume of this.

Ghost Rider vol. 2 #1-93-Howard Mackie's unbroken 69 issue run has its shitty moments, but it is incredible to behold in a consecutive reading. Beginning with issue 70, some guy who no longer writes comics (for good reason) turned GR into a motocross-type motorcyclist complete with yellow and orange tights. And he had him leaping his motorcycle from rooftop-to-rooftop. This guy clearly wanted to write Spider-Man but knew his one chance (and only chance) was on GR. Javier Saltares is a genius on the first chunk. Tex on inks with him is still one of my favorite art teams. He was a natural to take over for him when he movied on. Ron Garney following Tex is another brilliant choice. He is probably the most underrated artist in the industry right now. Then Salvador Larrocca came along and spent a good 20 issues trying to be Jim Lee before things slid even further into shit after that. Great blast from the past overall.

Comics: 471

Trades: 18

Thoughts in Earth-2.net: The Show 464

Conan the Barbarian (1970) #194

Joe the Barbarian #8

Justice League (1987) #1

Justice League: Generation Lost #22

Secret Origins #14

Thunderbolts #155

Fear Itself #2-3

Well, this is moving along nicely. So far I feel each book has been a satisfying chapter in a larger story.

Comic books: 56

Trade paperbacks: 12

Graphic novels: 0

Action Comics #901: First issue of Cornell's run that I did not enjoy. Maybe it's because I just don't care about Superman, the Super-family, or Doomsday, but this just fell flat with me.

Detective Comics #877: Scott Snyder writes a damn fine Dick Grayson. I dislike Jock as an artist, as he shows how great an artist he is in some pages, and then on others, it looks like he asked some kid to draw for him, as he couldn't be bothered doing it himself.

Green Lantern #66: Awesome. I want more of Indigo 1's story, and I want to see more of Sinestro.

Green Lantern Corps #60: Still great fun, and picks up the Kyle/John story. Didn't feel like a different writer, this is how a crossover should be, with the books flowing between each other and no jarring moments.

Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors #10: Krona is a fucking awesome villain in this book.

Batman #710: You know, I just think Two-Face should be allowed to rest for a good five years. With the Joker, at least Morrison can say "Everytime you see him..he reinvents himself" with Two-Face, it's the same old shit. He's lost his coin, and wants it back. It was an ok story, just not a story I want to read.

Flashpoint #2: Was exposition heavy. More-so than the first issue. The pages between Batman and Barry were good, and the reveal wasn't shocking, as it's given away on the cover. Slower than the first issue. This is definitely something that, so far, will read better in a trade.

Comics: 88

Alien VS Predator Volume 1 Omnibus. Tiny Titans #35, Brightest Day #17, Shazam: Monster Society of Evil TPB. Red Robin #19, Titans #31, Batman #706, Streets of Gotham #19, Brightest Day #18, Brave and Bold #33. Batman Beyond #1. Detective Comics #891, Detective Comics #892, Detective Comics #893. Action Comics #897, Shazam 1 shot. JL: Generation Lost 19, Secret Six #30, Red Robin #20, TMVP #6. Flash #9, Batman and Robin #20, Titans #32. Batman: Dark Knight #1. Green lantern #62, Green Lantern Corps #57, Brightest Day #20. Justice League International volumes 1-3. Teen Titans #92, Action Comics #898, JL:Generation Lost #20. Brightest Day #20, Green Lantern #63. The Crow TPB. Green Lantern: Rebirth #1, Batman and Robin #21, JL: Generation Lost #21 Batman Inc #3, Titans #33. Brightest Day #22, Red Robin #21, Secret Six #31. Green Lantern #64, GLC #58, Batman Inc #4. JL: Generation Lost #22, Batman: Streets of Gotham #22, Action Comics #899, Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man #155, Detective Comics #875, DC Universe Legacies #9-10. Fear Itself #1, Brightest Day #23. Red Robin #22, Ultimate Spider-Man #156, The Flash #10, JL: Generation Lost #23, COIE #12, All Star Comics #3, Legion of Superheroes #300, Batman and Robin #22. Ultimate Avengers VS New Ultimates #3, Deathstroke #3. Red Robin #22, Green Lantern #65, Green Lantern Corps #59. Action Comics #900, Batman Inc #5, Brightest Day #24, Detective Comics #876, The Flash #11, GL: Emerald Warriors #9, JL: Generation Lost #24, Secret Six #32. Ultimatum. Fear Itself #2. The Flash #12, Flashpoint #1, Secret Six #33, Batman Inc #3, Red Robin #23, Titans #35. Ultimate Avengers VS New Ultimates #4, Ultimate Spider-Man #158, Batman and Robin #23, Booster Gold #44, Batman: Gates of Gotham #1. Action Comics #901, Detective Comics #877, Green Lantern #66, Green Lantern Corps #60, GL:Emerald Warrior #10, Batman #710, Flashpoint #2

Action Comics #901: First issue of Cornell's run that I did not enjoy. Maybe it's because I just don't care about Superman, the Super-family, or Doomsday, but this just fell flat with me.

That probably doesn't help the book's chances.

Marvel Super-Heroes #1-15: Pretty shitty with some standouts, but it led to having a really cool back and forth with Busiek, so there's that.

Spirits of Vengeance #1-23: Kubert was fucking rocking in the nineties! Too bad the other two guys who picke dup after him were trying too hard to be IMage guys.

Dead of Night #1-11: Mostly piss poor EC inspired stuff. Mostly. Straw Man's debut is fantastic though.

Comics:520

Nick Fury's Howling Commandos #1-6: IN a word: terrible. This had all the makings of a really cool Creature Commandos for Marvel but it just turns out the whole thing is a ripoff in concept that is never explored or goes anywhere. Giffen should have known better but if I remember correctly, he may have been writing Countdown as well at the time.

Shadows and Light #1-3: Interesting black and white anthology series from marvel. Nothing too great but a lot of pretty good. The pinups are the best part.

Supernaturals #1-4: Chaos Comics Brian Pulido and Marc Andreyko bring you a version of Marvel's Legion of Monsters set in an alternate world where all the heroes were disposed of years ago. So then why do they show up later in the mini without any explanation? Yeah...thought so...IN other news, early Ivan Reis. He's way better now though.

The Shroud #1-4: ONe of my favorite Marvel characters ina series when Marvel was still trying to be IMage. Awful.

Blaze: Legacy of Blood #1-4: GRahh!@!! Pain keeps me a live! Hellfire! Who stole my kids?!!! Graaaaahggghgh!!! I have metal on my face and a metal arm!!!! Cable's popular right???!!!!!! Shotgun fulla Hellfi-yaaaaaahhhhhhg!!!!!!!!! I think I'll shoot my wife now. Or maybe not because she's sad. And now that I've synopsized the entire series, you don't have to read it. Not even Ron Garney looked like he wanted to do this.

Marvel Comics-A series of seven oneshots begun with an introductory text piece issue written by Tom Brevoort that is written so poorly that I couldn't get past the first few pages. So, naturally, I didn't understand what was going on in the oneshots that followed. Captain America is a guy with black hair and when Bucky dies, Rick Jones (who went back in time) replaces him. Daredevil is a demon-posessed vigilante with his own boy gang supporting him. Fantastic Four is the exact same as they are in the real world and their issue is really great. Spiderman is a returned John Jameson from space who has turned into an alien type dude with skin that looks like spidey's costume. Thor is a guy in an electrical suit. The X-Men (in the most interesting concept written by mark Millar and drawn by Sean Phillips inks by Duncan Fegredo) are being released from prison as terrorists convicted of crimes against humanity in exchange for them attacking other mutant terrorists. Kind of cool. They are led by Colonel America and Dr. Strange is a mutant? Great art in that issue. Overall, pretty WTF.

Comics:548

Fear Itself 1-3: Solid, intriguing start. There are some things that are going on that are clearly expanded in the tie-ins, but you can follow the main book and not lose much. Interested to see where this goes next month.

Journey Into Mystery 623, 625: Five words: Fuck yeah Loki and Volstagg.

More when on break.