Is It Wednesday Yet?

RSS

Three reviews from me, three flip through's. Can't say I was in a blah mood, I wrote them at different times.

Actually between Hannah, Sean and myself they're all flip through or borrow grades. Nothing to love or hate this week.

I felt sure that even with the reservations you had that you'd give FF a buy this week Sean. Ah well, it'll be interesting to see how the same team works in the new series.

God dammit Stavros, I read Red Robin every month, and really enjoyed that issue. Why the hell did you have to bring up such a well rounded point about the book being ancillary in the grand scheme of things!?

Because I bring insight beyond the ken of mere mortal men. ;)

Nah, like I said it's good and frankly I read Robin for a long time and enjoyed it as well, but it's definitely a third tier DC book and frankly after so many years of being at that level is dispiriting to see Tim still stuck there (Tim has had a book of his own since 1994). The only book where he's really been allowed to be of consequence was Teen Titans, and he's not allowed to be in that any more.

God dammit Stavros, I read Red Robin every month, and really enjoyed that issue. Why the hell did you have to bring up such a well rounded point about the book being ancillary in the grand scheme of things!?

Because I bring insight beyond the ken of mere mortal men. ;)

Nah, like I said it's good, but it's definitely a third tier DC book and frankly after so many years of being at that level is dispiriting to see Tim still stuck there (remember, Tim has had his own book since 1994). The only book where he's really been allowed to be of consequence was Teen Titans, and he's not allowed to be in that any more.

Well, this month they have a Red Robin/Teen Titans crossover, possibly testing the waters to see if he works in a team book situation.

Could be interesting. However with JT Krul writing that issue there's no way I'm going near it unless its under orders from Mike.

Well, the first issue written by the Red Robin team was kind of bland, so yeah....

Also, I agree on To, he will have a bright future, he's a monthly artist who's providing solid work. Though, I'd say he gets some help from his colourist, who makes everything so bright and makes the art stand out when it needs to, and dark and gritty at other times.