Episode 59

RSS

In the final stretch of their journey for the Key to Time, the two Time Lords get mixed up in several feuds. First, that between methane miners and a local tribe ("The Power of Kroll"), then in a nuclear war involving neighboring planets Atrios and Zeos ("The Armageddon Factor"). And finally, as the Key is assembled, the Black Guardian rears his head! Also, the hosts discuss the passing of Nicholas Courtney, the fondly remembered Brigadier Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart. [ 1:14:21 || 35.8 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/biggerontheinside/episodes/bigger_059.mp3

Just listening to this now...a great episode :-)

you mentioned "Nightmare of Eden VAM wheels in motion" and didn't know what VAM is...VAM is "Value Added Material", basically a fancy word for DVD extras.

I have to say...these 2 are among my least favourite stories...both just incredibly bad and dumb and boring lol.

Power of Kroll is just awful and dull...It's not Holmes best script (although he reuses the same storyline for Caves of Androzani to far better effect)...and the split screen/model shot is a notoriously bad effect :D I do love the fact that the makeup designer forgot to order the dye remover that would get rid of the green makeup, so many of hte actors had a green tinge to them for a while afterwards lol

Armageddon Factor....sigh....The climax to the whole Key to Time is just so disappointing...the only redeeming feature is the introduction of the wonderful Valentine Dyall as the Black Guardian (he did a radio show for years where he introduced horror/mystery plays as the sinister "The Man in Black" and has a wonderful voice...he was also the voice of Deep Thought in the radio and tv versions of Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy).

This season as a whole is one of my least favourite seasons of the whole show. I actually like Mary Tamm a lot though.

Mary Tamm had a lot going for her. She had decent chemistry with Baker, she projected an air of "haughty and above all this" that served the character very well, and she was absolutely drop dead gorgeous. However, I really have not been overly impressed with her acting ability, especially coming on the heels of Louise Jameson, who was spectacular.