Episode 05: The Room

RSS

And now what you've all been waiting for. Perhaps the most hoped-for review in Earth-2.net history. Relax and enjoy as James, Damien, and Mike take on one of the worst movies of all time: Tommy Wiseau's The Room. It can't be put into strong enough words how much this movie sucks. Let us pull you into a world of horrific sound editing, putrid dialog, and even worse acting. Filming of this movie must have been like having a screwdriver slowly twisted into your ear little by little. Only, the screwdriver is dipped in a lovely cocktail of battery acid and rubbing alcohol beforehand. Of course, Wiseau would have you believe this is all part of some genius "black comedy." Little by little, we think you'll understand why this film is so legendarily awful. So what are you waiting for, get to clickin'! [ 1:01:01 || 29.5 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/tranquiltirades/episodes/tranquiltirades_005.mp3

To explain te joke:

This episode is all the outtakes of Michael Cole's tangents that have been edited out of the show to this point. It was an April Fools joke.

So, no, no Room talk.

Actually, there wasn't a single past outtake in this episode at all. We just sat down and bullshitted for 2 hours. :P

What gave it for me was the fact that Dubs has only sounded like that on this episode and there weren't obvious jump cuts that would imply multiple scenes.

That and James told me what was going to happen when we recorded the review for The Dark Knight! Even so, an hour's worth of tangent is still more entertaining than you may think, so many thanks with devoting an hour to your joke episode!

At first, I figured it was just a cold opening, but I was sorely mistaken. Still awesome though.

P.S. Ok, I'm just going to ask it. What in the blurb am I looking for exactly?

P.P.S. I have only seen two scenes from the film, and almost killed all my brain cells for it.

P.P.P.S I know you guys have seen the film before, but did you actually watch it for this "review"?

And now what you've all been waiting for. Perhaps the most hoped-for review in Earth-2.net history. Relax and enjoy as James, Damien, and Mike take on one of the worst movies of all time: Tommy Wiseau's The Room. It can't be put into strong enough words how much this movie sucks. Let us pull you into a world of horrific sound editing, putrid dialog, and even worse acting. Filming of this movie must have been like having a screwdriver slowly twisted into your ear little by little. Only, the screwdriver is dipped in a lovely cocktail of battery acid and rubbing alcohol beforehand. Of course, Wiseau would have you believe this is all part of some genius "black comedy." Little by little, we think you'll understand why this film is so legendarily awful. So what are you waiting for, get to clickin'!

For the record, the actual review will be next month.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...