Favorite/Best: Doctor Who Series 3

Koete

Favorite/Best: Doctor Who Series 3  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I fucked up my vote. I pressed view results, by accident.

I'm going to bold my responses here:

The Sound of Drums/Last of the Time Lords is my favourite, as John Simm just stole the show in every scene he was in. He looked like he was having so much fun as The Master, that is was infectious watching him, and I enjoy it every time I see the episode.

The best story would have been Blink if it was available, but as it's not. I'm going for Human Nature/The Family of Blood as it was just so different from anything we'd seen from the new series yet. The Doctor was barely in it, and it made for a compelling two parter to watch.

Human Nature/Family of Blood is one of the best stories of the modern series. Just the interaction between The Doctor and everyone. It really does humanize him and the monsters are fucking creepy.

Despite it's shortcoming with the ending, I really enjoy all three parts of the Series Finale. John Simm makes it. While I love Delgado, the John Simm Master is obviously a response to Tennant's Doctor.

"Human Nature/Family of Blood" is my favorite story from the 3rd series, the best story in the 3rd series after "Blink," and my favorite story in modern Doctor Who. From The Doctor's conflict over remaining human or accepting his responsibility to the creepiness of the Family of Blood (especially Son of Mine) to the touches on the looming World War to the "fury of a Time Lord" scene, I think it's absolutely brilliant and I wish we'd see more episodes written by Paul Cornell.

Blink & Human Nature/Family of Blood. I do like the season finale because I'm a fan of John Simm's Master, but The Doctor's comeback was bullshit.

Eh, no more bullshit than the end of last season.

I've got to agree with Ian. Peter Pan Jesus Doctor is more bullshit.

Blink & Human Nature/Family of Blood. I do like the season finale because I'm a fan of John Simm's Master, but The Doctor's comeback was bullshit.

Worse than South Park Canadian "Let's wish him back to life" Doctor? I suppose the fact that he was turned into Dobby the house elf counts against it. If I had to go for one episode it would be the first half of that two parter.

Worse than South Park Canadian "Let's wish him back to life" Doctor? I suppose the fact that he was turned into Dobby the house elf counts against it. If I had to go for one episode it would be the first half of that two parter.

I like all of the Master's 3 story arc at the end - Utopia is such a great lead in to the series finale that it's worth thinking of it as a three parter. And I don't even hate the final episode because John Simm dancing to the Scissor Sisters = win. I just hate the Dobby Peter Pan moment.

The ending to this last season is less "bullshit" than it is confusing as fuck. I'm hoping the eventual conclusion of the Silence storyline will clear things up.

Favourite? Easy. Blink of course.

Best? Utopia. Because that moment when Yana turned over that watch and I saw the Gallifreyan design caught me completely and utterly by surprise. I literally had no idea it was coming. Which in this day and age of things spoilers and plot points appearing on the web almost daily, is amazing. And then watching him be slowly overwhelmed by the Master was just amazing acting. And when he turns around after opening the watch its just utterly chilling.

In the very short time he was there, Derek Jacobi gave us a Master I would have LOVED to see more of. Very little dramatics, just a cold, ruthless, singlemindedness. I would have preferred that to John Simm's scenery chewing 'Anti-Tennant'.