Favorite/Best: Doctor Who Series 5

Koete

Favorite/Best: Doctor Who Series 5  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think that Vincent and the Doctor is just beautifully acted. I like all the pseudo-historicals of modern series and this one is the best. The ending made me well up a little last time I watched it. So yeah, the best of the season.

My favorite is the series finale. Outside of just being cumulative of all the series's threads, it also had a lot of moments that just were emotionally wrenching and at least a few times where I wasn't sure about how anyone was getting out of things.

I've been pretty open about my overall dissapointment with series 5. I felt it didn't really deliver anything new, for the most part, and sort of got stagnant. But that's my personal opinion.

My favourite episode was the eleventh hour. The line "I'm a kissagram!" Just seals it for me.

Amy's choice was the best all round episode though. It had me on the edge of my seat all throughout.

The fifth series is my second favorite in the modern show, so it's tough choosing my favorite/best when I thought most of the episodes were great.

I have to go with "The Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang" as my favorite. "The Pandorica Opens" has a great speech from The Doctor, the unfolding of the mystery surrounding Amy, and one of the best "everything has gone to hell" endings they've done. I love "The Big Bang" for its wibbly wobbly, timey wimey stuff (although I can see how it could get on someone's nerves), the continuation of the Amy/Rory relationship that was brought back in the first part, and I think Matt Smith's performance from saying goodbye in the Pandorica to potentially being erased from existence was brilliant. And far as finales go, I think the first part delivered the epic build up we've come to expect and the second had the most satisfying resolution to such a build up, resulting in the best finale to date.

The best story though was "Amy's Choice," with the relationship between Amy and Rory, the switching back and forth between the two realities, and Toby Jones' performance as the Dream Lord and the implications attached to his true identity.

"Vincent and The Doctor" and "The Eleventh Hour" were really close for both categories.

The ending of "Vincent and The Doctor" makes me cry every time I see it. That makes it my favorite.

"Amy's Choice," however, is just wow! It blows my mind more so than "Blink." So that's the best.

Have to agree. I get choked up every time I see Vincent crying at the end of that episode. Toby Jones was perfect in Amy's Choice, would be cool to see him return at some point. The double Angels episode is cool if only for River song being so awesome.

Am I the only person who didn't like the Big Bang? Don't get me wrong, Pandorica Opens really built up the danger of the being in the Pandorica, but the last minute kind of destroyed all that tension.

My favorite was the Lodger. It's a very fun episode, but the two part Angel episode was the best I thought.