Batman Begins

Missy

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SPOILER

[The Batmobile] cost millions to design and produce, and it actually works, its creators at Warner Bros. said.

"It has to get up to 220 mph to get airborne, but then it can jump 20, 30, maybe 40 feet," said Charles Roven, producer of the upcoming Batman movie. Forty feet?

"We haven't filmed it jumping yet. That scene will be coming up in the next few weeks," Roven said.

(source: NY Daily News)

• 4 weeks later...

There will be a 65 second Batman Begins teaser trailer playing before some viewings of I, Robot starting on July 16. Because I, Robot is not a Warner Bros. picture, it is not guaranteed that every print will feature the teaser.

Chicago casting call for Batman Begins!

The Intimidation Game [the original title for Batman 5]

Warner Bros.

Feature film starring Christian Bale and Michael Caine will be filming in Chicago from July 31st through August 21st.

Extras Casting Call:

Please call the Casting Hotline for complete details at 312-427-FILM

Saturday, July 10th from 11 am to 4 pm

1401 N. Cicero

Please bring a color photo and a pen

(source)

• 2 weeks later...
There will be a 65 second Batman Begins teaser trailer playing before some viewings of I, Robot starting on July 16. Because I, Robot is not a Warner Bros. picture, it is not guaranteed that every print will feature the teaser.

Okay, this didn't happen. Speculators are now, well, speculating that the Batman Begins teaser will run with Fox's other summer action film: Alien v Predator, which opens August 13.

If they hadn't even finished filming, why would they make a trailer?

It'll just be a teaser, something with the title, lots of shadows, and the Batmobile. Hopefully we'll get a shot of Christian Bale in costume, too.

<----- 1000

• 2 weeks later...

Though I wasn't at Comic Con it pisses me off that WB told the people there the trailer wasn't ready, then it makes it's way online less than a week later. With Batman's recent movie history (and DC as a whole thanks to Catwoman) being so far down the crapper credibility wise, it's a bad idea to do something that dumb this early.

Either way, movie looks good and I'm looking forward to it.

Though I wasn't at Comic Con it pisses me off that WB told the people there the trailer wasn't ready, then it makes it's way online less than a week later. With Batman's recent movie history (and DC as a whole thanks to Catwoman) being so far down the crapper credibility wise, it's a bad idea to do something that dumb this early.

Either way, movie looks good and I'm looking forward to it.

How very true! I almost wonder if they didn't show the trailer at CCI because Catwoman was released that same weekend and they didn't want it to overshadow their new release.

Now, some people might be saying, "How would the teaser 'overshadow' Catwoman when only a scant few people would see it?" Simple: Word of its release would break over the Internet faster than... well, quite quickly. And, we can't deny it, most (if not all) comic book geeks are also so-called Internerds. Hearing of the Batman Begins trailer, we'd talk about it all weekend (and week) and 01. not bother spreading word-of-mouth reviews of Catwoman, or 02. forget about Catwoman altogether and completely skip the film.

Truth be told, if they had it ready, I wonder why they didn't rush to run it before Catwoman.

I would have thought they didn't want word of mouth Catwoman reviews making it out. Seeing as how the best I've heard online so far is "it's decent." That's the rave review.

I was really pissed when there was no Batman Begins trailer with the sneak preview I saw of Catwoman. Even though it was free I didn't really want to go, but the hope of a Batman trailer was what got me to go.

I was really pissed when there was no Batman Begins trailer with the sneak preview I saw of Catwoman. Even though it was free I didn't really want to go, but the hope of a Batman trailer was what got me to go.

Yeah, you'd figure WB would have wanted to put a teaser of their biggest film (next to the next Superman) before their newest film. Especially considering 01. not only are they both comic book characters, but 02. they're related!

Yeah, you'd figure WB would have wanted to put a teaser of their biggest film (next to the next Superman) before their newest film. Especially considering 01. not only are they both comic book characters, but 02. they're related!

03. It might give people a reason to see Catwoman.