30 day comic challenge

Stavros

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 3 - Your Favourite Comic (Limited series)

frank_miller_batman_year_one_300x460.jpg?1303407643

A combination of Frank Miller at his best and David Mazzucchelli, who manages to draw every character exactly as I imagine them in my mind regardless of how they've been drawn elsewhere. His Bruce Wayne? That's how Bruce looks to me, regardless of how many other tv showa or comics he's in.

Day 3 - Your Favorite Comic (Limited series)

Current:

6663606-avengers-the-childrens-crusade-1.jpg

There's a phrase that you can't go home again. In this case, it's like Heinberg never left these characters.

All-Time:

Cover_52_Week_One_%28May_10%2C_2006%29.jpg

52 was what got me back into buying comics regularly. Outside of just being an awesome book, it's one that you know everyone was waiting to be a week behind and then that just never happened.

Day Three - Favorite Limited Series (Current):

14533_400x600.jpg

I shouldn't have to explain this one. :P

Favorite Limited Series (All-Time):

Tie between this:

1-1.jpg

and this:

kingdom_come_1600x1200.jpg

The first because it was an awesome concept well-executed (the other sequels, not so much) and the second because it was an awesome book that was actually part of what got me into comics in the first place.

Day 4 - Your Least Favourite Comic (Limited Series)

Had to think hard on this one, but this book was the beginning of the ruination of the Ultimateverse. There had been stumbles before, Orson Scott Card's Iron Man was reduced to a highly inaccurate film of Tony's life in storyline, and Ultimate X-men wasn't great by the end, but this was the turd in the punchbowl.

Ultimates 3

Ultimates%203%20issue%201%20Jeph%20Loeb.jpg

Day 4- Least Favorite Limited Series

BEFORE any of you jump down my throats about my choice, bear in mind that 1) this is my least favorite limited series, not what I consider the worst of all time and 2) I'm counting only books which I've actually read in this thread. I know for a fact Ultimates 3, Countdown, Cry for Justice, All-Star Batman and Robin, and Onslaught Reborn are worse comics, based upon detailed reviews of them, but I'm not counting them. Therefore, my least favorite limited series is...

All_Star_Superman_Cover.jpg

Dishonorable Mention:

LL_MOS_1.jpg