Now that there is a Wheedon pod here, there should be a JMS pod!

Not sure who should do this as I don't have access or the time to all the material that would be covered, but with Joss Wheedon's works being coverd, the other big name serial medium crossover guy, J. Michael Straczynski, deserves to have his due.

Now I'm sure he's done much, much more than the stuff off the top of my head (Rising Stars, the Babylon 5 franchise, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Thor, Superman, Wonder Woman (though plotting for those two since leaving to do Superman Earth-One II) and The Brave & The Bold) but Wheedon also has a decent list of credits other than what Preston and Hannah are covering for Big Damn Heroes.

Eh, just a suggestion for another pod focusing on a producer/creator. Take it, leave it, you know =;)

Not sure who should do this as I don't have access or the time to all the material that would be covered, but with Joss Wheedon's works being coverd, the other big name serial medium crossover guy, J. Michael Straczynski, deserves to have his due.

Now I'm sure he's done much, much more than the stuff off the top of my head (Rising Stars, the Babylon 5 franchise, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Thor, Superman, Wonder Woman (though plotting for those two since leaving to do Superman Earth-One II) and The Brave & The Bold) but Wheedon also has a decent list of credits other than what Preston and Hannah are covering for Big Damn Heroes.

Eh, just a suggestion for another pod focusing on a producer/creator. Take it, leave it, you know =;)

One of the main differences between Whedon and JMS is that Whedon has become iconic with geeks and many non-geeks alike. Most of his Babylon 5 is a series that hasn't aged well. It's main claim to fame is that there are a ton of plot similarities between it and Deep Space 9, the latter of which I think does a much better job with it. As for some of his comic writing, While his early Spider-Man work is kinda good, the more recent stuff is all kinda of bland. I'm a huge Wonder Woman fan and even I'll say a fair amount is unreadable crap. To each his own but JMS isn't nearly as iconic as Whedon is to pop culture and geek culture in my opinion.

As for the stuff that Hannah and Preston aren't covering, I'm sure someone else will cover it for them. I haven't the foggiest who. :*

If you want to do it, Mike is taking podcast segment pitches for E2tS. Also, I'd argue that not a lot of his stuff has held up, especially his most recent stuff.

In addition, yes, there is other stuff that Whedon's done that Preston and I will not be covering, but someone else is. No worries there. :P

Once of the reasons Big Damn Heroes appeals to me is because I like the idea of a show about a specific creator. So yes, I would like to see more shows like that on Earth-2.net. However, I think Big Damn Heroes needs room to breathe before we launch another show like it. If you want to send me a pitch, we can talk about it through e-mail, and see where it goes from there.

Once of the reasons Big Damn Heroes appeals to me is because I like the idea of a show about a specific creator. So yes, I would like to see more shows like that on Earth-2.net. However, I think Big Damn Heroes needs room to breathe before we launch another show like it. If you want to send me a pitch, we can talk about it through e-mail, and see where it goes from there.

I'd pitch it, but as I said, I'm not in any position (resources, time, etc) to tackle that sort of project. At least not for the foreseeable future anyway.

And yeah, I see everyone's point in terms of Wheedon vs JMS in terms of long term quality. Especially in light of JMS's literally quitting mid-story (yeah he has his "reasons" and he is still plotting them out, but for all intents and purposes he quit) on both Supes and WW.

I think the biggest problem is that no one gives two shits about JMS.

Ha!

Also, look for the debut of Slottcast only after my lobotomy. I am not a glutton for punishment like some others. I learned my lesson since I'm still facing the effects of the intense hatred of comics that Countdown gave me.