DC reboot

dc20willsave

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ultimately, there's a major problem with a company who would NEVER IN A MILLION FUCKING YEARS give hiring and firing power to a certain stratum of responsibilty (in this case: editors) that then turns around and makes those editors have the responsibility of doing the dirty work.

That's like me, when I was supervisor at the bar I worked at, being able to fire someone. Or, me as a teacher, being able to expel someone. It makes no sense and shows a very clear flaw in the business practices at DC. One that would warn me away from ever working with them.

I agree with the above statement, but this isn't the fault of editorial. This is a management issue. If he just got the job and his first duty was to fire the writer on the book, then that sucks. He would have lost his job if he didn't do it and the next schlub would have done it.

This sits at the feet of DiDio, Lee and Johns and only adds to the fucked-up manner in which they have run the company since the managerial shift.

You ABSOLUTELY do not give the power to fire someone to someone whose regular duties do not include said firing. It is a corporate "commandment." My dad was promoted within his comp[any and was given the duty of firing people country-wide, but that was his position (among many other things; he wasn't the angel of death for the company or anything). It wore on him and he hated it, but it was his job.

I feel really bad for the editor, actually.

Actually, after reading this, I don't know if it was the new editor, or the high-ups delivering this, but wow:

"zeroissues asked: Wait so the BC article says the last Death of the Family issue is your last - does that mean we're not going to see the Barbara's-recovery arc that you've been talking about? Do I need to start sobbing now?

Sadly, the new editor nixed everything we had planned. I think it’s very likely that will still be covered, but it will not be in the way we had been building to, which I am very sad about. And those issues are already written, but will not be published, I gather."

Source

So, basically, they're throwing out stuff she's already turned in. Were Batgirl sales THAT bad?

• 2 weeks later...

DC knows they're on shaky ground right now, and they cannot afford to lose Simone's rabid fans. This has nothing to do with her or bettering the character, but rather money. Granted, they're a business, so that's expected, but this is almost worse than firing her in my opinion. It's pandering at best, and shows no spine at worst.