DC reboot

dc20willsave

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Neither Bleeding Cool or the New York Post say the exact circumstances of his death outside of it being a Damien Clone. If it's a head wound that does him in, then it plays along with the Anti-Christ imagery that Morrison has been using with Damien. I'm kinda hoping it is.

Considering how Batman Inc has been slightly more in continuity with the Old DCU than the DCnU, it will be interesting how this all get reconciled across the line.

I think this is a horrible idea. For the longest time, "Batman, Inc." was barely in continuity. It's just Morrison's little circle jerk of a title - which has never had repercussions in the rest of the DC world. And now he is going to kill off a character who has made huge strides in the other Bat titles.

As well as Damian has been portrayed in the regular Batman titles, to do this in a fringe book (continuity-wise, at least) just feels totally cheap. Like Morrison was thinking, "People haven't noticed me in a while. Let's fucking off someone."

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKK I hate Morrison.

The Scott Snyder / Jim Lee Superman book, which was going to be called Man of Steel, has been retitled Superman Unchained.

As a miniseries, I can see that title working. If it's an ongoing however, I don't know. It doesn't sound like a long-lasting title.

• 2 weeks later...

Coming from Scott Snyder, that's pretty trustworthy. Also, to be technical, there never has been a modern story exactly like that. Year One had very little of Batman setting himself up as Batman; it was mostly a Gordon story that intersected with Batman here and there. Actually showing him setting up the cave and whatnot is something that can be really neat, especially with Snyder's grasp on character and flashback plots (like Gates of Gotham). And hey, at this point, the New 52 needs all the backstory groundwork it can get from great writers, so this can only be a good thing.