DC reboot

dc20willsave

Next issue: Who Pays The Bill?

I give them a year until the All-Fucking issue.

I'm not buying anything until I see them announce the issue where they get lost in Ikea, and fight with Mongul about who gets the last scented candle. It'll just be splash page after splash page of flat pack furniture throwing.

And it will all be illustrated with little cartoon men, icons, and the occasional Swedish-like word.

And you'll actually get a box with a bunch of random pages in it, and you have to stitch it together yourself.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It seems that Forever Evil, DC's big upcoming event, will kick off with something happening to Nightwing.

If they kill him, I'll be done with DC.

I'm not going to RAGE~! Quit and throw a fit, but it will push me further down the "I'm done with modern superhero comics" path I've been on as of late. The DC bigwigs have no clue how important a character Dick Grayson is, and I have no doubt they're about to treat the character very disrespectfully.

I'd almost put money on it being a Batman in Final Crisis death rather than a Ben Reilly they'll never actually bloody bring him back death. But then it is DC, they'll be stubborn and leave it for YEARS using fan-rage as an excuse. He is the most ratings-affordable name they could kill that would still draw press.

Although most people would say "Nightwho?" or "I thought they killed him off in the 80's".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Until DC dumped Kevin Maguire from Justice League 3000, I was actually going to buy that book on a monthly basis. Now, maybe I'll check it out in trade somewhere down the line. Then again, maybe not; for my money, Howard Porter is not a trade up from Maguire.

Until DC dumped Kevin Maguire from Justice League 3000, I was actually going to buy that book on a monthly basis. Now, maybe I'll check it out in trade somewhere down the line. Then again, maybe not; for my money, Howard Porter is not a trade up from Maguire.

Have you read the update, with a response from Maguire? According to Maguire, DC wanted a dark and gritty book.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08/09/a-dark-and-gritty-justice-league-3000-and-turning-down-bendis-maguire-talks/

God damn, there aren't enough entertaining team book out there. If I hear the word gritty in relation to a book I'm just not going to read it. Everything has to be DKR these days for no bloody reason!

It's like DC doesn't care if a book is good, they care if it sells, and they see no connection between those two things.

• 3 weeks later...

So, DC's big Trinity War event, has wrapped up, and the true meaning of Trinity has been revealed:

Trinity is the sign of the evil world. Earth-3, home of the Crime Syndicate, and the Outsider was Earth-3 Alfred.

I think DC should let Geoff Johns have a break from writing big events, even though this was better than Flashpoint, it was still a mediocre event.

It seems that Forever Evil, DC's big upcoming event, will kick off with something happening to Nightwing.

If they kill him, I'll be done with DC.

I'm not going to RAGE~! Quit and throw a fit, but it will push me further down the "I'm done with modern superhero comics" path I've been on as of late. The DC bigwigs have no clue how important a character Dick Grayson is, and I have no doubt they're about to treat the character very disrespectfully.

It turns out they're not killing him. However, in Forever Evil #1

Dick will be outed as Robin / Nightwing. What this means for Bruce's identity, I do not know.

Bruce can probably weasel out of it. There is no definite connection between Nightwing and the first Robin so Dick can just say his career began at Nightwing, he was trained by Batman, and since Bruce financed Batman in the eyes of the DC Universe, plenty of wiggle room. The onky problem comes if Nightwing can be connected to Robin. Then we're talking Child Endangerment.

They can always do the usual "let's have a fake Nightwing stand next to Dick Grayson" thing, maybe have Dick say "oh, when I was unmasked I was just trying to help out Nightwing, so I put on his suit; it's not a regular thing."

Or have Martian Manhunter mind-wipe EVERYONE.

Or go the Superman 2 route, where Superman just kisses everyone in America, to make them forget seeing Nightwing unmask. DC can call it one more kiss, and have variant covers of Superman swapping spit with each states senator in a special 50 issue variant cover. Then he finds out thanks the internet the whole world knows, and we can have a four issue mini-series of him going from pharmacy to pharmacy to find the right lip balm to get through this situation.

They can always do the usual "let's have a fake Nightwing stand next to Dick Grayson" thing, maybe have Dick say "oh, when I was unmasked I was just trying to help out Nightwing, so I put on his suit; it's not a regular thing."

Or have Martian Manhunter mind-wipe EVERYONE.

Or go the Superman 2 route, where Superman just kisses everyone in America, to make them forget seeing Nightwing unmask. DC can call it one more kiss, and have variant covers of Superman swapping spit with each states senator in a special 50 issue variant cover. Then he finds out thanks the internet the whole world knows, and we can have a four issue mini-series of him going from pharmacy to pharmacy to find the right lip balm to get through this situation.

Post of the Day! :bowdown:

Just imagine you're in the DC world, with alien invasions, magic wars and cities held to ransom every week. A thousand heroes, ten thousand villains.

So Nightwing is unmasked. I guarantee that 99% of the people who hear about that say one or several of the following-

a)Who is Nightwing?

b)Who is Dick Grayson?

c)I don't care

Nightwing as he is currently positioned is not a big deal. DC can't expect anyone to react as though he is.