DC reboot

dc20willsave

The funny thing is, the Bombshell variants look awesome. This is kinda feeling like when Marvel did "Deadpool" variant month only for months.

If the New 52 is still a thing going on when issue 53 of any of the original titles come out, then I'll be certain that they're not going to recon it out. For right now though, still convinced that DC will still start some event that ends in the restoration of the previous continuity with some confusing amount of the old new continuity in there as well.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From what's been hinted at here and there, it seems like Dan Didio is forcibly pulling all of DC along with him in the creative direction he thinks DC should go. Jim Lee technically has the same level of authority that Didio has, but he's focused on DC's multimedia projects like digital comics and game tie-ins. So it's really Didio driving the boat, so to speak, and a lot of people at DC aren't happy with it. Hell, Geoff Johns has been said to be an "opponent" of Didio's ideas, but of course he doesn't have final say in anything.

If Didio leaves DC, the New 52 will either be massively overhauled or overturned, but until that happens it's probably gonna stick.

I've been rereading this thread and it's been fairly entertaining. However, one of the things I took from it is how certain most everyone was that this was going to last six months to a year tops; in reality we're going on three. I do have to give it to DC; they're committed to this thing. (Which is not an indictment; as ridiculous as I found HOW they went about it, they deserve kudos for trying to excite people and, quite frankly, for raising the waters on comics sales across the board.)

In fact, thinking about it, in terms of time, if New 52 was Crisis on Infinite Earths, we'd be almost halfway to Zero Hour by now. That's not insignificant.

I guess, but it's more out of stubbornness rather than momentum fueled by great storytelling. Post-Crisis had the waves of Batman Year One and Man of Steel going for it. The New 52 for it's first straight year had Scott Snyder's Batman run and the company-wide trainwreck factor to keep people reading.

The storytelling has by and large been woeful, I'm not disagreeing at all. However, I do think that they needed to commit to the changes if they were to have any hope for credibility; a return to the status quo after a year would have seriously damaged anyone's ability to take DC seriously. (That said, the subpar stories have done plenty on that front.)

Birds of Prey, Batwing, and All-Star Western are done with #34.

If you consider the 34 issues of All-Star Western and lump them in with the 70 issues of Jonah Hex, plus the graphic novel, that's over 100 issues of Western comics written by the same team in a superhero market. That's one hell of a run.

• 4 weeks later...

The fabric of reality tore open, and a scarlet-clad figure barrelled through it. Stopped, he collapsed on both knees.

"Barry" said Green Lantern, the only Justice Leaguer able to gather his words.

Removing his tattered cowl, Flash is revealed not as Barry Allen, but as a younger man with red hair.

With tears in his eyes, the unrecognizable Flash looked across the gathered masses of those who looked shockingly like his friends on his own world and spoke one simple sentence: "We have to go back."