DC reboot

dc20willsave

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Excited because Simone's off the title and the direction looks to mark a change in DC's line of Depressing Comics. Batgirl was one of the most incessantly miserable books out there, and it was really crap. This look to be fun and buck the trend of the last 3 years.

I get it. You're a fan of Damian. Think about someone who's been reading DC Comics for thirty years and had the rug pulled out from under the best comics they were reading. I read 11 or 12 monthly titles from DC pre New 52 and ALL of them began to suck immediately afterwards. Yes, Morrison's Batman too. To boil it down to a character who's existed for like three years kind of cheapens it. And, yes, now he's back. For better or worse. You asked for it.

On the bright side, Wonder Woman is probably the best comic either of the big two are publishing right now and that has NEVER been the case.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Never heard of Babs Tarr before this. Love the style and the design choices. Now I can't wait for Batgirl #35

What other comic work has she done?

• 4 weeks later...

Bleeding Cool just leaked ten pages of the Batgirl #35 previews that are sent to retailers (uncorrected proofs, not final art, etc) without anyone on creative OR from DC's go ahead. You can go take a look if you want, but obvs the creative team would prefer that you wait for the final previews (but they've said that if you look, they're not gonna fault ya).

What I saw is looking real good.

• 4 weeks later...