DC reboot

dc20willsave

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

According to ComicBookDB.com, Rucka and Berganza worked together on Blackest Night: Wonder Woman (as well as a few other titles). That, combined with Hanna's post and Dan's comment from the other day, I cannot wait until the DiDio / Johns / Lee era is through so we can finally hear these stories.

He's trending on Twitter. I wonder long it will be until he resigns or DC Warner Bros. asks him to leave.

At this point, it's becoming clear that Mom and Dad need to step in and do this. Whatever Berganza has on whoever he has it on, WB doesn't give a shit.

Heidi MacDonald (and Rich Johnston before her) make a valid point: if these incidents were all officially addressed at the time, and there's been no repeat behavior (or, at least, no reported repeat behavior), legally they can't just fire him. They can make his life unpleasant if he chooses to stay, and prevent him from representing DC at conventions or public appearances, and even take him off the Superman books (and, by extension, Wonder Woman, since for some reason she's part of his office) and put him somewhere less visible, but just kicking him to the curb is not really an option for WB.

But here's a solid question: if the people he's harrassed ever bought a suit against DC for hostile environment (see: the Supes office being all guys, past incidents, HR not really doing anything to help them), would they have solid grounds to sue the company on?

Oh, absolutely. 100%. If it can be shown that DC/WB didn't take the incidents seriously, then yeah, they left themselves open to whatever's coming, especially with regards to that last one.

• 4 weeks later...

Reminds me of the pre-Bullet one from the mid-70s. Not awesome but not awful, either.

Is that for the comics only, or for DC Entertainment as a whole?

Also, are they just gonna keep changing their logo every 2-3 years until their sales magically improve?

According to CBR:

Following its debut on "Rebirth," the logo -- which was developed in partnership with Pentagram -- will begin to appear on various digital platforms, including DC websites, social media channels, the DC All Access webseries and the DC All Access app.

Not sure about the movies, though.

So, because Bleeding Cool broke embargo, the spoiler reviews of DC Rebirth have gone up. Major spoilers follow.

No really 

such spoilers 

much shocking 

wow

major spoilers 

okay one more should do it

So the malevolent force that stole ten years of the DCU and killed Pandora is apparently...

Doctor Manhattan.

No really.

/

]

There are a lot of Ifs here, so I'm going to wait until I actually read it to pass judgment, but I will note this:

• If this truly brings back DC's infinite universe (and not just the 52 Earths)
  • If Watchmen is set on its own Earth, apart from any other DC universe
  • And if Doctor Manhattan is the creator of only the New 52 Universe

I'm okay with that. It's an interesting concept, but it sounds like it might mirror what Franklin Richards did when he created the pocket Heroes Reborn Marvel Universe. Again, we'll have to wait 'til Wednesday to see, but I really wish they'd stop messing with reboots (soft or hard) because it serves no real purpose other than to further muddy their already murky continuities.

From Heidi MacDonald:

In case you’ve missed the behind the scenes on this, to sum it up, since the New 52 debuted, Johns and co-publisher Dan DiDio have disagreed about how to reboot things, with Johns favoring a “shore up the base” return to characters basics (which is why the Flash and Green Lantern didn’t reboot after New 52) while DiDio has more of a “shock and awe and dismemberment” approach. For Rebirth, Johns is the primary aarchitect, working with the staff to plan things out a little more than the seat-of-the-pants New 52 universe. This is why you hear Dan DiDio talking about a two-year plan in his interviews. However, due to leopards not being able to change their spots on a dime (to coin a wonderful metaphor), arguments over spontaneous vs planned story beats have continued, with, I’m told by multiple sources, Johns expressly overruling DiDio mandated story changes.

However, due to Johns spending his time on his new and doubtless time-consuming job as co-head of DC Films, Rebirth #1ir?source=bk&t=thebeat0b-20&bm-id=defaul will be the only comic he actually writes. Will it set enough of a tone to keep the Rebirth Universe spinning in a more optimistic direction? And will audiences even like this direction? I’m told that while Johns will not be hands on writing any more books for the DCU for a while, he will continue to have input with the editorial staff on a regular basis. Will this be enough for the Johnsian philosophy to prevail ? Whose cuisine will reign supreme?