Loonatics

J Marv

050217_loonatics_hmed.hlarge.jpg

Bugs Bunny and his pals are shown updated for the future. The characters' descendants, Buzz Bunny and the like, will be superhero action figures for a cartoon set in the year 2772.

The Associated Press

Updated: 7:19 p.m. ET Feb 17, 2005

NEW YORK - Bugs Bunny and his pals are being updated for the future — way in the future.

The WB network will take the famed Looney Tunes characters as models for a new children’s series, “Loonatics,” that will air on Saturday mornings starting this fall. The characters’ descendants — Buzz Bunny and the like — will be superhero action figures for the cartoon set in the year 2772.

The network’s animators have re-imagined Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck and Wile E. Coyote as sleek new figures for a modern age.

“We all flipped for it,” David Janollari, president of the Kids’ WB, said this week. “We just said, ‘Wow, what a great way to take the classic Looney Tunes franchise that has been huge with audiences for decades and bring it into the new millennium.”’

Janollari said both boys and girls enjoyed the new action figures in test runs of the show. Their parents may be a little surprised, however.

“I think the legacy is intact,” he said. “If anything, it’s an homage to the legacy instead of a destruction of the legacy.”

So, uh, when did Bugs Bunny cease to be entertaining to children?

Kids these days, no taste at all.

What.... The.... fuck...?

Who's the female Rabbit anyways? A take off on Lola Bunny?

I still like the Loony Toons... I didn't mind Loony Toons: Back in Action, and I still think Spacejam was cool.

2772? What happened to the 24 & a 1/2th Century?

What's with the all black? Black isn't THAT cool...

Loonatics? It will bomb....

• 2 months later...
I hate him. You so know he did not say that homework line, or if he did, he only said it because the journalist told him to, make him a tool of the media.

He helped get this abomination of a show held off for a while at least. That's good enough for me.