Damien Thorn vs Annie Wilkes

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Damien Thorn

2455-309x316.jpg

Debut: The Omen (1978)

Main weapon: Varies

Other names: Son of the Devil, The Antichrist

Dislikes: The 2nd Doctor, daggers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPEsOg3xyGE&NR=1

vs

Annie Wilkes

Misery-kathy-Bates_l.jpg

Debut: Misery (1990)

Main weapon: Varies

Other names: The Dragon Lady

Dislikes: Foul language, rudeness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iAPPfpLMCA

Annie talks a lot and then Damien summons a dog or a bear to eat her. End of meeting.

Plus, Omen is infinitely better than Misery. No question and if you do question that, then your taste in movies sucks.

I will give it to the ankle scene but that's basically all that movie has besides some crazy ranting.

It's all for you, Damien.

Annie talks a lot and then Damien summons a dog or a bear to eat her. End of meeting.

I was going to vote Annie, but then you bring up that. Damien wins.

The nanny scene, and the bit with the tricycle are great, Annie may be mad, but she can't be the son of the devil.

I voted Annie here mainly since Damien in the first film and a half just looks cute and precocious and bad things just happen to happen to the people around them. He's a very inactive villain that, outside of the incident of with the tricycle, isn't very active until he becomes aware of what he is and then he becomes pretty much a standard villain.

It's interesting how you interpreted the Omen, I saw Damien as a fairly active villain just not in obvious ways. I never really got from that film that he didn't know who he was, and hadn't seen later films where that was established (it seems like a disservice to the character). One of the great things about the Omen is how much of a blank slate Damien is to everyone, it's extremely hard to know what he's thinking, so I just assumed he knew exactly what and who he was. That's why he did the things he did.