• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Young Avengers was a book written Allan Heinberg with art by Jimmy Cheung. It was notable for having a pretty good depiction of teenage superheroes. There were also some minis that popped up between the original volume one and the upcoming Volume 2 which is being written by Kieron Gillen. Most of them were good, two of them centered on team-ups with the Runaways. It also features Wiccan who is probably one of my favorite comic book characters created in the last ten years.

Also on the Superior Spider-man thing-

IT'S STILL NOT BEN REILLY. The one Spider-man who I'd be interested in reading the return of, the CONSTANTLY hint at it and never deliver. There's been a hundred Scarlet Spider or mystery Spider-man teasers over the years, at this point it's just cruel.

• 4 weeks later...

So, the rumour for the big reveal in ASM 698 is:

Dr Octopus is dying, and his dying wish is to speak to Peter Parker. Peter goes as Spider-Man, and Doc Ock says "I am Peter Parker" this leads Spider-Man to unmask and say "No, I am Peter Parker now." revealing Doc Ock to have somehow change minds with Peter. Peter now in Doc Ock's body then flatlines and dies.

That's just a rumour, but interesting if true.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope this leads to some comedy re him trying to marry his own aunt.

in issue 698, Peter supposedly relives the moment where Aunt May, and Doc Ock, get down to business just before their wedding.

Also, I think Dan Slott may be one of the best mainstream comic creators on twitter, he seems to get a real kick out of all the threats and hateful tweets that he gets sent on the site, and making fun of them.

For example:

DanSlott

"You'd think they couldn't desecrate the character more. You'd be wrong. There is no rock bottom for Spider-Man." - Oh, Internet how I <3 U!

05/12/2012 13:49