Marvel Comics Discussion Thread

tglancy

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's kinda bad form to spoil a comic that doesn't come out for another two weeks? I'm sure if you google that shit, you'll find it almost right away.

Yeah, what Will said. I was just stating that it's now out there.

Loads of people are spoiling it over on Bleeding Cool, so, if you were to somehow find the article about it being spoiled, and read the comments, and the comments that lead to another thread, stating what actually happened in the comic, then that could happen. :*

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hmm. Still reading Ultimate and Superior Spider-Man and All New X-men has lasted longer on my list than I might have thought (Bendis does these crossovers well), but Marvels big picture is lost on me. Still beats DC though, I'm pretty much done with them at the moment.

• 1 month later...

I just found out Peter David is ending his run on X-factor.

I haven't read the last 8 trades or so, but I really like what I've read, looks like I'm doing a read of all those trades in the near future, since the run is ending.

Also I read the first TPB of All new X-men, it was alright, but I think I'm burned out the X-men all together. I don't care for any of the stories that are wrapped up in this massive plot, I read Brubaker's, Fractions, and most of Kierons, run and the whole entire time I came out pretty unsatisfied. I don't expect much more from Bendis that those other writers didn't provide.

And anybody know how Hickman is doing on the Avengers books?

I really liked the Secret Warriors run he had, and I've loved some of his stuff that's not from Marvel.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

You know what's great? Marvel Comics Unlimited, so many great comics, and no limit to the amount you can read.

You know what is utter garbage? Marvel Comics Unlimited service search feature. Unless the issue/series you are looking for has been recently added, it may take you a while to find it, and it's hard to tell whether a digital title is part of the subscription, but says $3.99 for non subscription members, or if it's not part of your subscription, and you may have to buy it, or wait 6 months for it to show up on the service.

• 2 weeks later...

So, Marvel Unlimited. Does anyone have this? Is it worth the money?

Look at the last post, Dan :P

The search option is pretty crappy, but once you know the series and issues you want to read, and get used to it taking a bit of time for the issue to load in the first place, it's pretty good.

D'oh.

But in terms of the selection available, you're satisfied with it?

So, Marvel Unlimited. Does anyone have this? Is it worth the money?

Look at the last post, Dan :P

The search option is pretty crappy, but once you know the series and issues you want to read, and get used to it taking a bit of time for the issue to load in the first place, it's pretty good.

D'oh.

But in terms of the selection available, you're satisfied with it?

Yeah, very happy, lots of selections and I definitely feel like I am getting my moneys worth from it.

• 2 weeks later...