Episode 205

RSS

It's a huge episode of Dread Media as Darryll takes over! First Darryll talks to Steampunk artist Kyle Miller about T-Pain, furniture, and Back to the Future! Then he is joined by Desmond, first to wax philosophic on the post-apocalypse in their review of Stake Land, and then to talk about The Avengers and 3D vs. 2D in a pseudo-Roadkill Review of Captain America! But, wait! There's more! Songs a plenty: "Steam Rising" by Murder by Death, "Nightmare" by T-Pain, "Children of the Night" by Calabrese, "Coma America" by Amen, and "Earth Died Screaming" by Tom Waits. Check out Kyle's work at www.thingypsythief.com. [ 2:32:42 || 70.1 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia/episodes/dreadmedia_205.mp3

I want the headstone at my grave to say "lived long enough to hear T-Pain on Dread Media".

EDIT: I think "Coma America" holds the record for most appearances on the show.

I should get the same thing on my tombstone.

As far as Coma America, if I had the time, I would definitely check that out against "See You In Hell." But I don't. So, I won't.

I'm sure some loser will take the time to count.

Coma America used on only 2 episodes, actually. Amen has been used 6 times.

See You In Hell used on 3. Monster Magnet used 15 times.

Turns out that Gwar and The Browns have actually been used the most.

Gwar was 16 times, counting the interview episode and the album review.

The Browns were used 14 by my count, but "Silent Night, Deadly Night" is probably the most used song at 4.

Thank you, Master. It was fun but I think the credit has to go to Kyle for the most part. His enthusiasm made for a great first subject to cut my teeth on.

I'll also take this opportunity to thank Des once again. Dread Media is his baby but he has been generous enough to let me hold it once in a while.

Des, thank you for showing me I'm not the only one who doesn't like Cormac McCarthy's writing. I gave up on No Country for Old Men after three pages, and as much as I tried to like The Road, I had to put it down after 50 pages.

You, me and Joe Lansdale. I'm not worried about the quality of the company.