Captain America: The Winter Soldier

JackFetch

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black Widow and Fury are in everyone's movies. Meanwhile, Hawkeye is somewhere sharpening his arrows while crying.

I take it to mean that he's the most badass Avenger. Instead of being in bright colors, running around the streets cleaning up messes, he's on international missions preventing problems before they become problems.

Hell, instead of a Hawkeye movie, I'd love to see a Secret Avengers movie with Hawkeye and Black Widow leading a team of darker Avengers on Authority-like missions for SHIELD.

Winter Soldier's arm looks badass. And we've still not seen Crossbones or Batroc The Leaper either, can't wait to see how those turn out. The original doubled it's budget and then some, this one is going to break half a billion easy.

This is one of those things that helps the universe but hurts the Shield TV show a little. This movie and that show operate in exactly the same circles and yet one looks phenomenal and the other has a TV show budget. It's unavoidable but the movies feel much more like the real deal.

I want a scene where he walks through wearing the full-on purple tunic and flappy mask, makes no reference to it, and leaves.

Also, no one else in the scene can mention it. They're just, like, "Hey, Hawkguy, what ya up to?"

"Nothin much. Just headin out for a pizza."

"Cool. See ya later for poker at Tony's?"

"You know that dude owes me, like, fifty bucks? Stingy bastard. Anyway, I'm out."

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Spoiler warning: If you don't know who The Winter Soldier really is, skip the last 10-15 seconds. There's a pretty clear shot of his face.

Coming off the back of Avengers 2 Cap really is a serious threat to DC. What was once likely to be the biggest event in comics movie history in Batman vs Superman is actually threatened by a second tier Marvel comics character. I mean, look at the straight to video/television Cap films in the 70's and 90's and compare with Superman 78 and Batman 89. It's amazing to see how far Marvel have come.

Marvel seems pretty confident that The Winter Soldier is amazing and will impress everyone, so much so that its sequel will actually matter in the face of Batman/Superman.

DC put S/B on that date, and Marvel said, "yeah, well, we're staying." Now it's up to WB to decide if they want to move or not. They kind of need to move, realistically, just because otherwise the movies will cannibalize each others' box office. If WB really is confident in their movie, however, putting it one week earlier will guarantee a successful first weekend and hopefully cause enough positive word-of-mouth to eat into Cap 3's weekend.