Transformers 4

JackFetch

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will enjoy not throwing Michael Bay a cent, hoping beyond hope that enough people don't go to see the obvious cash grab so that he stops trying to draw water from this well. Then I might see it when it's on Netflix but otherwise, no, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, I'm a fucking moron. Not happening a fourth time.

I'll be honest, and this is as a guy who enjoys shitty movies, if you recognize something as being shit (or chaos as you said) from the 40 second clip, you probably shouldn't see it in the theaters. We decide what kinda movies get made with our money. Going to see what you recognize as shit just ensures that we keep getting shit and why am I bothering to argue this out. Never mind.

Because if you can't make 40 seconds of action shots look good, if the CGI looks unfinished, if it's just wank bait, and if it causes me to roll my eyes at roughly 100 rpm, then we got a problem and that problem is that it looks like shit.

Also, Optimus Prime riding a dinosaur looks stupid when they were probably trying for cool.

As though Grimlock would let Optimus Prime ride him. Grimlock is like the Starscream of the Autobots in that he spent half the G1 era trying to take command away from Prime. Hell, he managed it several times.

fnf011.jpg

I doubt Michael Bay's sincere commitment to correctly portraying these characters.

Because if you can't make 40 seconds of action shots look good, if the CGI looks unfinished, if it's just wank bait, and if it causes me to roll my eyes at roughly 100 rpm, then we got a problem and that problem is that it looks like shit.

Also, Optimus Prime riding a dinosaur looks stupid when they were probably trying for cool.

Ok.

• 4 weeks later...

"We don't need you anymore"

Didn't they decide that in the last movie just before desperately needing them again?

Looks like a standard Transformers movie, and the first one I won't see in cinemas. Any nostalgia couple with a desire for self harm has been beaten out of me by these films.

• 2 months later...

Michael Bay himself says that TF4 is supposed to throw away the goofy, unnecessary, "bad" elements from the previous movies. That being said, Michael Bay is a notorious liar and Nicola Peltz does look dangerously close to being Megan Fox 2.0. Her dad being the main character will probably help (as opposed to Sam being Mikaela's love interest, hence all the focus on Mikaela being a sex object), but still, it doesn't look good. But was anyone expecting different, really?