Episode 79

RSS

Using an ill-gotten time machine, the Cybermen plan to destroy Earth in 1985, thus saving Mondas one year before their very first encounter with The Doctor ("Attack of the Cybermen"). Then, a dying TARDIS needs a rare ore to survive, but to acquire it The Doctor and Peri must withstand the endless traps of a mindlessly violent television show ("Vengeance on Varos"). [ 2:08:25 || 61.7 MB ]

<b>To listen, click here:</b> http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/biggerontheinside/episodes/bigger_079.mp3

There are other references to Cyberman stories, such as the sewer scenes (The Invasion) and the morally ambiguous villain (Revenge of the Cybermen). I'm trying to think of connections to The Moonbase and The Wheel in Space but I can't find any.

And I'm surprised you guys weren't too keen on Sil because I absolutely love him. Nabil Shaban (the actor) has underdeveloped legs, so he had to be carried in some way. He also, in the past, tried hard to make a contribution to Doctor Who in some way. I'd say his determination paid off.

Also, you left a swear in.

Speaking of that. I'm sorry, but I've forgotten his name, Andrew maybe, but have you've heard from the guy in England, and his daughter (reason behind the bleepage in BOTI), recently? I don't think they've sent an email or mP3 since early in the Tom Baker run.

Oh and speaking of mP3s, when is the Davison clip montage going to be in?

Aheh. I do come across as something of a nerd in my E-mail this week, don't I? Sorry. :facepalm:

Worry not, I'm not usually 'that person' when it comes to the sci of sci-fi. Just that this one (as well as being noted in DWM forever ago as well), was...hmm...a twelve-science pile-up? A clusterscience?

(PS: Thanks for being some of the few people to pronounce my name right. :) )

Thank you kind sir

Thank you, kind sir. I will listen to it as soon as I can get a new mp3 player. The one I listen to podcasts has problems when it comes to turning it on and off. My other one has a great volume for music, but for some reason, when it comes to podcasts I can barely hear people. In this one for example, I could hardly hear Dan at all.