X-Men: Days of Future Past

Koete

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if I wasn't this website's CBM correspondent, the film has Sir Patrick and Sir Ian in it reprising Xavier & Magneto.

Clusterfuck or not, I'm all over this film. If it sucks, then it sucks - at least I'll see an attempt to marry the old X-men films with the new, which is a more interesting proposition than building towards a second Avengers film.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

That looks as good as I could have hoped, except for Bishop. 90's costumes don't work on the big screen.

In contrast to all the other X-men films since 2 it's got major things going for it-

-Bryan Singer. Hasn't been a truly good X-men film since he left, maybe he's got the magic touch in this.

-ALL the talent. I mean, it could turn into Star Trek Generations with Patrick Stewart getting killed by a bridge instead of on one, but it's hard to turn against a roster this fantastic. Stewart, McKellen, Jackman, McAvoy, Fassbinder, Page, Paquin, the dude who plays Iceman and of course Peter Dinklage. I freakin LOVE this cast, not just for the names but for the characters.

-Alternate timelines, which means YAY! Continuity shit is OUT THE WINDOW! Which single handedly rids the franchise of it most crippling weakness.

-Beast's makeup looks good. Those who have listened to my podcasts with Ian know how big a deal this is for me.

It's actually exciting for me in a way the franchise hasn't been in ten years.

-ALL the talent. I mean, it could turn into Star Trek Generations with Patrick Stewart getting killed by a bridge instead of on one, but it's hard to turn against a roster this fantastic. Stewart, McKellen, Jackman, McAvoy, Fassbinder, Page, Paquin, the dude who plays Iceman and of course Peter Dinklage. I freakin LOVE this cast, not just for the names but for the characters.

...Berry....