Episode 03.01: The Offspring and Ignition

RSS

Get your "whoas" and "yeahs" ready! The Offspring era has begun! Desmond will make sure to type "The Offspring" in the show notes all of the time because, for damned sure, he won't be saying it in the show. But that's okay, because Damien is very accepting of this shortfall. In a show where your hosts cover the first two releases from The Offspring (The Offspring and Ignition), it's a relatively tangent-free episode. But that doesn't stop your intrepid power-pop professors from going back to the well and referencing references from past shows as the Dropped D Home Game is envisioned! Hold on to your cornrows! [ 1:27:09 || 42.0 MB ]

To listen, click here: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/droppedd/episodes/droppedd_003-01.mp3

Ha! I'm not one to complain, but other than a few times where Audacity crapped out after putting an entire show together, this has to be the most frustrating podcast I've ever done. There are moments where it appears we've been discussing something else for a few minutes in a missing clip. Every single time is a piece of glass in my eye for this past week.

Good episode though.

I really like The Offspring. I think part of the reason why is the sloppy/unfocused-ness that you guys were not a fan of. Out of their entire catalog, I like The Offspring the most. It has my favorite song of theirs (Beheaded) and I really like the opener (Jennifer Lost The War). Also, the album cover is just awesome.

Ignition is an album that I have owned for over a decade now. I don't think I have ever listened to it, or if I have I don't remember a single thing about it sans the opening five seconds.

I'm a here and ther fan of OFFSPRING (sorry i don't use "THE") Ignition is hit and miss with me I have never listen to THE OFFSPRING.

Ha! I'm not one to complain, but other than a few times where Audacity crapped out after putting an entire show together, this has to be the most frustrating podcast I've ever done. There are moments where it appears we've been discussing something else for a few minutes in a missing clip. Every single time is a piece of glass in my eye for this past week.

Good episode though.

could have been the music gods telling you THE OFFSPRING is not your path. lol

I'm afraid to say that I'm of the 98/99 generation when it comes to The Offspring. That being said, I had heard Beheaded before this episode as the song was a B-side to one of the singles my brother Pandy bought (possibly 'Why don't you get a job?'). It's a great song - despite our age/pop sensibilities of that time, Pandy & I loved the French Revolutionary bridge!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...