Episode 494

RSS

• 4 weeks later...

Right, I've finally caught up! Firstly gents, this sounds a world away from the first Potterwatch - now that you've both got at least 2 films under your belt, it really comes across how much more comfortable you are with doing these. And again, I liked the first Potterwatch, but pretty much every first episode of a podcast/podcast segment is a little shaky whilst the hosts look to find their feet.

This review was certainly helped by the fact you reviewed Prisoner of Azkaban. I'm a fan of the book, but I'm an even bigger fan of the movie version in relation to the others - to the extent that I stopped watching the films after this one for one reason or another. IMO, there's SO much going on in Goblet of Fire that a single film sounds next to impossible to do justice, I hated the Order of Phoenix (book AND film), Half-Blood Prince I didn't get round to seeing in the cinema and I wasn't going to watch either part of Deathly Hallows in 3D (I did see Part 1 on the plane to Chicago last year). When the subject matter is this good, it's a big boost!

For something involving K-Dubs, I'm surprised with how much I agreed in the round. I certainly echo the fact that Gary Oldman wasn't playing the Sirius Black in my head, but I warmed up to him well enough. Emma Thompson is a very funny woman so Trelawney is a role she could do in her sleep. It was very satisfying seeing Hermione with some spunk to her (no jokes please), but I'm surprised more attention wasn't paid to Malfoy's hair - the growth into adolescence has been perfectly captured through deeper voices and ill-judged hairstyles!

Looking forwards to the Goblet of Fire, particularly because the film is new territory for me.