2012-2013 Television Season

dc20willsave

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay NBC. You have my attention.

Mine too. Actually you had it yesterday when I discovered that the role of Lecter's therapist was being played by Gillian Anderson.

Anything Mads Mikkelsen does gets my attention. A Royal Affair and The Hunt are two of the best films in recent year and he's stunning in both.

C'mon, it's not like Revolution got renewed.

Yet...

I don't care that it's 8 in the morning, I'm going to drink over the thought of Revolution getting renewed because 1) it still makes my science brain hurt and 2) I still said that entire thing where if it gets renewed, Mike can throw anything at me and I'll review it for the site and I know the Star Wars Holiday Special and Karma are bitches.

I still said that entire thing where if it gets renewed, Mike can throw anything at me and I'll review it for the site and I know the Star Wars Holiday Special and Karma are bitches.

... dammit, Ackerman, you're making me root for its renewal.

• 2 weeks later...

"Elementary" has been renewed for a second season.

The freshman series is among 14 other CBS series that have been renewed, including "2 Broke Girls," "Mike and Molly," "NCIS: Los Angeles," "Person of Interest," "Hawaii Five-0," "The Mentalist," "Blue Bloods," "The Good Wife," "The Amazing Race," "Survivor" and "Undercover Boss," "60 Minutes" and "48 Hours."

The network had already announced the renewals of "The Big Bang Theory," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation."

Considering it's been the biggest hit of the 2012-2013 season, "Elementary's" renewal is not surprising. CBS chose to air the Sherlock Holmes-inspired drama, which stars Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu as his Watson, in the post-Super Bowl slot on February 3. Although it didn't perform well, ratings for "Elementary" have been high and are on the rise: It's most recent outing on March 14 brought in 11.33 million viewers and had a 2.3 in the key demo.

The fates of "Criminal Minds," "CSI: NY," Rules of Engagement," "Golden Boy" and "Vegas" are still up in the air, but CBS said in a statement that they are in discussion with Warner Bros. Television regarding another season for "Two and a Half Men."

Looks like there isn't much room on CBS this Fall for new shows.

CBS has three shows that are definitely in danger (CSI:New York, Golden Boy, and Vegas) and Rules of Engagement might squeak by if it's lucky. Unless CBS brings back Saturday night programming, yeah, they're not picking up much this cycle. The only bright side for any of their prospective pilots is that Undercover Boss usually only runs half a season.