Episode 16: Catwoman

RSS

Okay, so there's good news and bad news. Good news: The Tirades are back with a new episode. Bad news: They had to suffer through Catwoman, a movie both hosts agree is in the top three worst they've ever covered. It features lots of CG, easy acrobatics, and a really old Sharon Stone. Also, the worst line of dialog in the history of the Tirades. Visit http://tranquiltirades.wikia.com. [ 1:52:01 || 54.1 MB ]

To listen, click here: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/tranquiltirades/episodes/tranquiltirades_016.mp3

Fine stuff gents, I've met two people in the last year who of their own free will paid actual money for Catwoman, which is pretty much the opposite end of that cosmic scale that starts with feeding the pigeons directly underneath a "do not feed the pigeons" sign.

I've never heard Damien so exasperated with the shittiness of a movie with no redeeming upside. I mean, Kazaam had you guys more incredulous, but this was something else. Damien's flat out disbelief translated into something that sounded like Shatner with a metronome, like every thought about the movie caused pain. Just know that we appreciate it. And I'm VERY excited for the next review.

I was genuinely startled to hear my voice a minute into the episode - how prescient James' words were!

Whilst I have seen Catwoman before, a) it was on Chinese state TV (I was in China at the time) so bits of it may well have been censored, and b) I missed the first 10-15 minutes or so. So I sorta dodged a bullet there, not to mention the fact this viewing was about 6 years ago so I've mostly forgotten what I saw. One day I will have to review it, but the longer I can put it off, the better!

Also, gotta love Dubs trying to make it an official Batman franchise film and thus discharging the burden of reviewing the film onto Mike, James & myself. Admirable effort, sir!

• 2 years later...

Also, gotta love Dubs trying to make it an official Batman franchise film and thus discharging the burden of reviewing the film onto Mike, James & myself. Admirable effort, sir!

Oh, but it is...sadly, and no this isn't a Mike's Crazy Theory type of thing, but it really is considered part of the Batman film "canon" in the way Steel is considered part of WB's Superman "canon."

Sure you can get around not watching it in several ways (no Batman, its not Selina Kyle, etc) but it was produced under the auspices of DC Comics and the Batman Family umbrella.

• 6 months later...

Basketball lends itself more to lazy and bad film making more so than other sports.

I'm not being glib, the accessability, and the easiness to participate probably does lead it to be used when a sporting scene needs to be made.

Why Shaq and Rodman needed to try acting? *shrug* there are bad attempts at trying an acting career in all sports.