Ray Bradbury has passed away

Missy

Most people remember Bradbury as a short story writer. While it is true that nobody can write short stories like he did, many overlook his contribution to the horror genre. From what I have heard, Bradbury was such a huge fan of Lovecraft that he wanted his first works to be published in Arkham house. A couple of his stories would encourage the reader to look for Lovecraft's back when H.P.'s work was at his most obscure. Fortunately it was Stephen King who made H.P.L. famous again but King also credited Bradbury as inspiration for his writing. In fact almost every book that encourages people to write horror or monster stories requires people to read Bradbury.

I have seen all the newscasts have identified him as "the author of Farenheit 451" and while that is a great story. I feel that is just the tip of the iceberg to what he wrote. I do not know if I will ever understand the breadth of his literary prowess but it will be fun to try.

R.I.P. and thank you for the fun times we had.

In the bad day that I had yesterday, this was that extra little kick to the nuts that put things into perspective. I never really read a lot of Bradbury but what I had read was terrific. Something Wicked This Way Comes is both one of my favorite books and movies. It's a terrible loss.