Weeklong events on Earth-2.net: The Show

Missy

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone,

2014 is the 75th anniversary of Marvel Comics (Marvel Comics #1, cover dated October 1939, would more likely have come out in July or August, so we're right about there). In that time, they've made their mark in comics publishing, obviously, but have also become a force in television animation, motion pictures, and slapping a picture of Spider-Man on stuff and selling it to you for 125% MSRP.

Does anyone have any facets of the company they would be interested in turning into a podcasting segment? Eras, titles, creators, cartoons, movies, whatever?

I kinda want to do something X-Men-y but not completely sure what.

Throwing some suggestions/ideas out there to get the ball rolling:

The Marvel/Capcom Arcade Games

Secret Wars

The Ultimate Universe

Ravage 2099

The Marvel Imprints (Razorline, Star Comics, Marvel Knights, etc.)

The Death of Gwen Stacy

The Various Spider-Man Animated Shows

Edited to add: And, here are a couple of movies I don't believe Ian has not covered for Comic Reel-ief:

Howard the Duck

The Punisher (Dolph Lundgrem)

Edited by dc20willsave

• 2 months later...

Much like I felt when Edge of Forever replaced Bigger on The Inside I must say this about Monty Python week...

AMERICA: Awwwwww...that's cute England with what you did there. Now, step aside, and we'll show you how it's done!

In other words, a week covering Saturday Night Live with of course all of the ancillary movies (as well as discussion about various post SNL careers from movies to talk shows)

WOW! I love that idea! However, that seems like more than a weeklong event; I almost see that as its own show. Than again, it could be an event:

01. The 1970s

02. 1980s

03. 1980s movies (The Blues Brothers)

04. The 1990s

05. 1990s movies (Wayne's World, Wayne's World 2, Coneheads, It's Pat: The Movie, Stuart Saves His Family, A Night at the Roxbury, Blues Brothers 2000, Superstar)

06. The 2000

07. 2000s movies (The Ladies Man)

08. 2010-current

09. 2010-current movies (MacGruber)

10. The Forgotten Players, banned hosts, banned musical acts, etc

WOW! I love that idea! However, that seems like more than a weeklong event; I almost see that as its own show. Than again, it could be an event:

01. The 1970s

02. 1980s

03. 1980s movies (The Blues Brothers)

04. The 1990s

05. 1990s movies (Wayne's World, Wayne's World 2, Coneheads, It's Pat: The Movie, Stuart Saves His Family, A Night at the Roxbury, Blues Brothers 2000, Superstar)

06. The 2000

07. 2000s movies (The Ladies Man)

08. 2010-current

09. 2010-current movies (MacGruber)

10. The Forgotten Players, banned hosts, banned musical acts, etc

I'd do it more in terms of eras, and shoehorn discussions of the movies/post careers in those specific episodes.

1. 1975-1980

2. 1980-1984 (pre Lorne's return)

3. 1985-probably Hartman's last show

4. 1994?-2000s (not sure, probably Fey-Fallon debut)

5. Everything since

6. Misc on hosts, acts, Don Pardo, etc

Much like I felt when Edge of Forever replaced Bigger on The Inside I must say this about Monty Python week...

AMERICA: Awwwwww...that's cute England with what you did there. Now, step aside, and we'll show you how it's done!

In other words, a week covering Saturday Night Live with of course all of the ancillary movies (as well as discussion about various post SNL careers from movies to talk shows)

I know Python is very hit and miss, but SNL is hardly awash with hit after hit....

I know Python is very hit and miss, but SNL is hardly awash with hit after hit....

Neither was/is Doctor Who and Star Trek when you consider my original quip! =;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

True enough!

Of all the Roald Dahl film adaptations, there's been:

- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

- Danny, Champion of the World

- The Witches

- James and the Giant Peach

- Matilda

- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

- Fantastic Mr Fox

- Esio Trot

That's 8, but you could look to combine either the two Chocolate Factory movies or the two TV movies. Then there's a BFG movie coming out next year.

Food for thought, certainly.

• 2 years later...