Weeklong events on Earth-2.net: The Show

Missy

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like we said last year, Hannah and I are doing our favorite Christmas movies for the December Hey Gurlfriend so if we do a Christmas Week or something, I'd have no problem with our segment getting plugged into that. I'm also up to doing a TV 101 on Christmas Episodes if we do do one. As for Austen's Idea, Love Actually can be added to that list. Technically, since a major plot point is a Christmas Song, About a Boy can fit in there.

• 7 months later...

I really, really dig this idea!

I would probably skip the Hulk movies, because those continued on from the show. However, I would cover:

Dr. Strange

Captain America

Captain America II: Death Too Soon

Power Pack

Generation X

Nick Fury: Agent of SHIELD

I remember watching the Gen X movie with my mom when they showed it since we were both X-Men fans at the time. It's not a terrible movie though it smells to high heaven of it's status of being a failed pilot.

For the record, there was also a made-for tv Doctor Strange movie in the 70s. Like most of these, it was also a failed pilot.

• 1 month later...

It's been about a year since the last Event week so...

Terminator Week: 26 October - 01 November 2012
That will be the 30th anniversary of the original Terminator movie, so I'll look at all of the movies, a few episodes of the TV show, and a special treat.

With a new movie recently entering development, this could probably be used around when it comes out.

Monty Python Week: October 5th-11th, 2014 (would begin 45th anniversary of first episode of Monty Python's Flying Circus) ?

Still a ways away but never too early to start thinking.

September of 2013 is the anniversary of the first appearance of the X-Men. I'm sure there's enough there for a week's worth of material.

Another suggestion might be to use the end of October each year as a Halloween week. Maybe just general talk or an in depth discussion about a specific film franchise.

The Halloween more than the other one. Might be worth it if you think doing the Advent Calender again this year might kill you.

The thing about doing a week on MST3k is how do you start? Do you go for an episode on the best episodes? Do you review actual episodes? How would one accurately review The Movie? A spirited debate over the virtues of Mike vs Joel or even Dr. Forester vs Pearl? Like Dubs said, it would be possible to do an entire month with episodes such as a discussion on the deeper ramifications of beings such as Coilie the Spring Sprite depriving the world of springs or whether Valley Lodge is a real place or a state of mind?

Monty Python Week: October 5th-11th, 2014 (would begin 45th anniversary of first episode of Monty Python's Flying Circus) ?

Still a ways away but never too early to start thinking.

I'm admittedly an amateur (if that) at podcasting and probably shouldn't be allowed to edit them (even on my improved computer). However, I would love to do an episode or more with another Python fan going over the franchise's evolution, favorite episodes or sketches, the movies, the group members' post-Python work, etc. I own and have seen every episode of the Flying Circus at least four times (along with the movies) and have read The Pythons autobiography.