Episode 250

RSS

After a heartfelt tribute to the late, great Ray Bradbury, the show begins. In a brand new Roadkill Review, Darryll and Desmond take in Prometheus and talk about it on the drive home. Then Devil Dinosaur, Jr. covers The Other for Stay Scary. And, finally, Desmond returns to go solo on reviews of hillbilly slasher Madison County and one of Stephen King's latest novels, 11/22/63. Tunes this week: "Something Wicked This Way Comes (Edit)" by Barry Adamson, "Of Prometheus and the Crucifix" by Trivium, "Evil Children" by King Missile, "Pig" by Steve Vai, and "Watch the Sky For Me" by Powerman 5000. [ 1:32:02 || 44.4 MB ]

To listen, click here: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia/episodes/dreadmedia_250.mp3

What a fuckin' crock! So what we saw wasn't the movie? Fuck that.

Does it seem as though, in that interview, Scott is, in a veiled fashion, actually blaming the studio for Prometheus? It's like he's claiming, "it's nothing personal, it's just business. I don't ask questions. I do what the studio tells me. Don't blame me if you don't like it."

He should know better.

20 Minutes of excised footage will not save this movie. It might make it move a little smoother, but it won't save the trainwreck of a story because it will still be a brilliant search for the meaning of life that ends in a plodding and completely derivative action sci fi movie. Snooze.