Earth-2.net X-men Draft

Stavros

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After returning from the dead, Jean Grey/Phoenix (she no longer feels a connection to the Phoenix Force, only using the name because of a familiarity with it) sees the state of mutants in the world and decides she needs to form a new group of X-Men, one capable of astonishing the world, choosing from faces both familiar and new.

jean-bigcostume13.jpg

Sorry kids, just got up.

After her return to the world, and as she spends time as Headmistress over at Jean Grey's, Kitty Pryde becomes increasingly convinced that the mutant world needs an alternative to the dichotomy that defines it currently - and sometimes, old ways are the best way to redefine. Kitty reforms Excalibur, and decides to go headhunting for her new team, focusing on mutants with the power to change things, but with the brains to know how it can be used for the better.

I debated on Kitty but I knew that my chances of getting her were slim unless she was my first pick which I didn't see happening. I went for Jean instead which seems like it was a good choice. Most of my picks are B and C tier mutants anyway so it works out pretty well for me.

Austen, you're up.

Dammit Hannah, I wanted Kitty Pride in my team! You shall rue this day!

Dude, you had first pick. Kitty's like the most beloved by fans of all the X-men characters, no way she'd have gone to the second round.

At this point my lineup is going to be SUPER weird.

So Preston, your team is basically Psylocke, Cable, Xorn and Shatterstar?

I choose:

644186-havok.jpg

Havok

Though he is one of the most powerful mutants on earth, Alex Summers has been in the shadow of his brother Scott his entire life. Whenever he stepped out on his own, he was manipulated by those who sought to use him: The Living Monolith, Cameron Hodge, and even his own government. As a magistrate of Genosha, he was made to carry out atrocities against his own kind and, in another universe, he saw a version of himself through others' eyes as someone worthy of being feared and hated. He's about to put all that behind him as leader of the Exiles.

Edit: forgot to mention that it's Dan's turn 'til 2:17am Beantown-Time. So pahk yo cah in Hahvahd yahd an' chooz a guy, pal!