Earth-2.net X-men Draft

Stavros

I'm quite surprised that no one has picked my next choice yet. I'm choosing her not because she's a nice piece of ass (which she is, if drawn by the right artist) or because she's a deep character (which she isn't), but because of the mission statement behind Wolverine and the X-Men.

Whereas the Jean Gray Academy under Kitty Pryde recruits young mutants with the power to change the world for the better, the Charles Xavier Academy for Gifted Youngsters under Wolverine takes the troubled, more dangerous young mutants under its wing to ensure that they don't grow up to be the next Magnetos and Apocalypses. This crop would include the sons and daughters of mutant villains, while the mission of Wolverine's X-Men would be to contain threats from mutants with the potential to turn Homo sapiens against Homo superior for good (I already have a specific villain in mind for the first arc that fits that description, but more on him later).

Because I want one of the Wolverine's X-Men to be an ex-villain herself, I'm choosing Emma Frost.

Watxemma.jpg

I was originally gonna go with Pyro, just to give the character a boost, but with Emma, the inevitable is-he/she-bad-or-not thing works better since she's been in the X-Men's good graces for longer (I'm not sure Pyro has at all) and because no X-team is complete without a telepath.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While they haven't worked together very often, Jean knows that nothing can help improve the public image of the mutant race and her team like an international recording star. Alison Blaire, the mutant known as Dazzler, provides both one half of the public face of the Astonishing X-Men as well as both ranged support and crowd control. Thanks to a little tinkering on her costume, it now includes an MP3 player slot, allowing a constant source of sound. Pray to god she doesn't bust out the dub-step.

250px-Dazzler_wiki.png

To be fair, I like Dazzler more than Cyclops. She's going to be the fun person for my team. Assuming I'm able to get my number 3, then I pretty much got my core team taken care of with just a few other people that are going to be really fun to have there.

Suavestar, you have until 1:29 PM your time (I believe that's the correct time for where you are.)

I wanted Emma :shakehead:

Mystique_Vol_1_1.jpg

With the power to change her look, she's the perfect second in command for Magneto's secret Uncanny X-Force, who will be taking the worst missions possible, so you don't have to. And because they are off the grid, they do not need to worry about their methods.

Stav, who did Des pick as #2?

I'm sure Nightcrawler and Rogue will be going this round or the next. Same for Colossus. Cyclops and Storm aren't well loved characters on this board so it's no surprise no one has grabbed them. Let's face it, Angel is a great character but unless he has his metallic wings, he's not the most useful character. Polaris, Sunfire, and Banshee are just far enough out there that I don't think they may necessarily warrant being first and second round picks. Then again, I used my second round on Dazzler so go figure.

A shabby apartment in Atlanta, GA. The smell of curry and shame hangs heavy in the air, from the restroom, girlish screams ring out. The world famous Merc with a Mouth, Deadpool, stands against the door with his pistol drawn.

DP: Weasel! Come out and take your medicine!

Between the shrieks, the voice of Deadpool's “friend” Weasel manages to sob.

Weasel: Medicine? There's a shuriken in my leg, Wade!

Deadpool stops, holstering his pistol.

DP: And why is there a shuriken in your leg?

Weasel: I DON'T KNOW!

DP: Because you don't understand that the remote control is my property. Now come on out here and I'll forgive this entire thing.

As Deadpool begins to place grenades around the door frame, a commanding voice parts his otherwise addled thoughts.

Providence. Wade, meet me in Providence.”

Deadpool stops, slowly picking up his grenades.

DP: Yo, Weasel. Did you hear that?

Weasel: Hear what?

DP: Internal narration text box, was that you?

[Wasn't me.]

DP: That's weird.

[Very. Sounds like a trap.]

DP: I know this sounds weird, Weasel, but a voice in my head that's not one of my regular ones just told me to go to the wreck of the utopia that isn't the Utopia that the X-Men have... So... I think I'm gonna do it.

Weasel: It sounds like someone is going to try to kill you.

DP: Who would want to kill me?

Weasel: I'm a little too busy bleeding out to get the list, and I'm a little too pissed at you to stop you from going. But, this is clearly a trap, Wade.

DP: Trap or no trap, I have a mission! Do we still have that flying bathtub?

Weasel: We never had a flying bathtub. You're thinking of the Fantastic Four. ...Just steal a boat or something.

DP: Excelsior!

With that, Deadpool grabs a pile of weapons from the table nearby and rushes out the door, giggling madly. After a moment, Weasel opens the bathroom door, and peeks his head out, pale from blood loss. Sure that Wade is gone, he limps out of the bathroom before passing out on the couch.

deadpool.jpg

In Agency X, we're dealing with the classic Deadpool, drawing heavily from Joe Kelly, Mark Waid and Fabian Niceza's runs with the character, ignoring a lot of the Daniel Way and Victor Gischler stuff. Wade is still funny and kind of stupid, but at his core, he's actually not a bad guy, just a very selfish, warped guy. He can, and will be inspired to do better things with the power he has, but he may not always like it, and he'll certainly complain about it.

Since Des said he'd be able to post until this morning and hasn't thus far I'll add his no 2 pick. And as if on cue-

Cable

tumblr_m5evvqFCCj1r6xj2jo7_1280.jpg

Nathan Summers, the child of X-Man Cyclops and Goblin Queen Madelyne Pryor, was created for one simple purpose: to kill Apocalypse. Having his genetic development overseen by Mr. Sinister in order to depose his master, infant Nathan was infected by the techno-organic virus by Apocalypse. Shunted two millennia into the future to keep the virus at bay, he came of age in a harsh reality where his only goal was to return to the past to kill Apocalypse and make the world a better place. His mutant abilities, though raw and unfocused, rival those of Jean Grey's.

Dan's go!

My second round pick- Jamie Madrox aka The Multiple Man

406px-Multiple_man.jpg

Longtime leader of X-factor investigations, this former villain is practically a team by himself. With the power to create as many dupes as he likes, but never knowing what part of his personality they'll spring from, Madrox is both the greatest asset and greatest liability to anyone willing to work with him.

Professor, your turn.

On the half sunken island of Providence, Deadpool walks. The hard footsteps of his boots echo from empty buildings to shattered machinery.

DP: This is spooky.

[You said it. Are you sure we should be here?]

DP: ...No.

[Then why are we?]

Deadpool doesn't even answer his own question, he simply walks. A gloved hand fingers the pistol on his hip. In the shadows of a wrecked building, there is a flourish. Without even turning his head, the Merc with a Mouth lifts his gun and fires, three times hitting the flourish, dead center. In the dark building, the bullets glow and stop. Even through his mask, Deadpool's frown is visible.

DP: Alright Nate, you might as well come out and let me shoot you. Between locking me in my own brain and that thing with the Go-Gurts, you owe me.

[Darn right about the Go-Gurts!]

One by one, the bullets stop glowing and hit the ground.

Chink. Chink. Chink.

From the darkened building, a red-haired girl steps. Hope Summers.

[That's a shocking and unexpected development.]

DP: Holy snot! You're not Cable! I'm sorry, I almost shot you.

Hope smiles, gently.

Hope: You're not the first.

DP: So, uh, excuse my bluntness, but I was kind of expecting Cable. What brings your clearly underaged butt here?

[Nice save, with the “clearly underaged” bit. That doesn't make you creepy at all.]

Hope: It's got a lot to do with my da-- Cable. Wade, can I call you Wade? I'm sorry, that was kind of presumptous of me.

DP: Yeah, Wade is fine.

Hope: Like I said, do you remember what Cable was trying to do with Providence?

Deadpool nods.

DP: He was trying to show the world a better way. Build a society that worked for everyone. It was great until Nick Fury sicked the Silver Surfer on him.

Hope steps closer to Deadpool, as he holsters his pistol.

Hope: Before he died, Cable talked a lot about his time as “The Mutant Messiah.” My whole life, people have been calling me the same thing. A Messiah. I don't know if I'm ready for that. The X-Men, the Avengers, they see me as some threat. I need someone I can trust, Wade.

[Oh, man.]

Hope: Cable didn't trust a lot of people, but he trusted you. You're outside of all of the chaos that most mutants and “heroes” have. You might act like an amoral murderer, but you generally do what's right. I want you to do what you did for my Dad. Help me build a better world, Wade.

Tears slowly build at the edge of Hope's eyes. And in a rare moment of tenderness, Deadpool removes his mask, blinking away tears of his own.

DP: Cable was the only person who ever believed in me, kid. And it really didn't pan out for him.

Hope: Please, Wade. I don't have anyone else.

With a hard look on his scarred face, Deadpool looks at Hope, before biting his bottom lip.

DP: Okay, but I have one condition.

Hope looks at Wade, raising an eyebrow.

DP: We need to call the team “Agency X.”

Hope: ...Why?

DP: It'll really piss off Alex Hayden. And I truly, truly hate him.

[ska-doosh!]

Hope: (smiling, then very serious) Fine, but I have a condition of my own.

Deadpool nods, almost imperceptively.

Hope: If I feel like I'm losing control, like the Phoenix is approaching or if my powers threaten to get dangerous, I need you to stop me. I need you to be able to put a bullet in my head without thinking, Deadpool.

The Merc's eyes grow wide, as he looks at the young woman in front of him.

Hope: Can you promise me that, Deadpool?

[Dude.]

DP: I... don't...

Hope: Can you promise me that you will do what it takes to protect the planet from me, Wade?

[You can't. She's just a kid. I mean, we've killed kids before, but this is Nate's daughter...]

DP: Yes... I can.

[You're lying.]

Hope smiles.

Hope: Good.

HopeSummers.jpg

tumblr_m4k7a4CjER1rrxzdmo1_1280.png

In the wake of Avengers vs. X-Men, Hope Summers has gone on the run. After her exposure to the Phoenix Force, she finds herself stronger than ever before, with telekinesis and telepathy at levels she never knew she was capable of. The “Mutant Messiah” hid herself on Providence, the former island home of her (then) late father, Cable. Inspired by the mission he set himself on, all those years ago, Hope finally breaks her silence, reaching out to her father's only living friend, Deadpool, With the somewhat unreliable aid of Deadpool, Hope is building her own Agency X, to shape the world, human and mutant, into something worth saving, without the X-Men or the Avengers.

Suggested list of X-men provided by Will-

Angel

Anole *

Ariel *

Armor

Aurora *

Banshee +

Beast

Bedlam *+

Bishop +

Blindfold *

Blink *

Boom-Boom *

Box *

Cable *+

Caliban *+

Cannonball

Captain Britain *

Cerise *

Chamber

Changeling +

Cipher *

Cloak and Dagger +

Colossus

Cyclops

Cypher *

Danger

Darwin

Dazzler

Deadpool

Doctor Nemesis *

Domino *

Doop *

Dust *

Elixir *

Fantomex and E.V.A.

Forge

Frenzy

Emma Frost

Gambit

Gentle *

Graymalkin *

Jean Grey +

Havok

Hellion *

Hepzibah

Husk

Iceman

Ink *-

Joseph +

Jubilee -ish

Juggernaut

Lady Mastermind

Legion *

Lifeguard

Loa

Lockheed

Longshot

Madrox

M

Maggott +

Magik

Magma

Magneto

Marrow -

Meggan *

Mercury *

Micromax *

Layla Miller *

Mimic

Moonstar -

Multiple Man

Mystique

Namor

Nightcrawler +ish

Nocturne *

Northstar

Omega Sentinel

Oya *

Petra +

Pixie

Polaris

Primal *

Prodigy *

Professor X

Psylocke

Quicksilver *

Revanche

Cecilia Reyes

Rictor*

Rockslide

Rogue

Sabretooth +

Sage +ish

Shadowcat

Shard *+

Shatterstar *

Siryn *

Skids *

Slipstream *-

Stacy X -

Stepford Cuckoos *

Strong Guy *

Storm

Hope Summers

Rachel Summers

Sunfire

Sunspot *

Surge

Sway +

Thunderbird (John Proudstar) +

Thunderbird (Neal Shaara)

Trance

Transonic *

Vanisher +

Velocidad *

Warlock *

Warpath *

Wild Child *

Pete Wisdom *

Wolf Cub

Wolfsbane *

Wolverine

X-23 *

X-Man

Shen Xorn

Zero *+

Just updated the list with all the names taken struck off, to make it easier for people to see who's available from the list.

Great pick. Only reason I didn't have Rogue on my list is that I knew she'd be gone, but she's pretty much one of my favourite X-men.

When it comes to the Justice League version of this I might change the selection order to reflect time zones, just to keep it moving a little more. That or one of my original ideas, which is to make it a live draw on a podcast, with some of the participants on the line and others just in the chatroom. Maybe get it out of the way in one evening. I decided to go with this because it's a fun board-based activity like the Advent calender, but there's potential in that live draw idea.

You Know Who's go!