Earth-2.net X-men Draft

Stavros

Storm. In Wolverine and the X-Men, she, rather than Emma, will be the headmistress of the school, as well as the powerhouse of the team. Also, she will have been divorced or at least separated from Black Panther in this book (as that relationship doesn't do her any real favors) and will be the person to rein in Wolverine when necessary.

Will, the floor is yours.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jean Grey, realizing that her team needs a speedster and a flier who can get in and out quickly, especially for reconnaissance missions, turns to a man that she has worked with in the past to great success. The other public face of the Astonishing X-men is Jean-Paul Beaubier, Northstar. With both speed, flight, and the ability to generate flashes of light to disorient their enemies, Northstar is a valuable addition to the team.

northstart.jpg

Nightcrawler. (Don't ask how he's back from the dead, he just is, fuck you. :P) Upon his return from the dead, he and Kitty have bonded over their experiences (her time in the bullet being more like a living death). Eventually Kurt opens up, and reveals that when he died, he didn't experience anything - which is why when he came back, he wasn't sure if he was in heaven or hell at first. When Kitty restarts Excalibur, he decides to join her, and decides to turn the world he lives in into a better place and fully embrace his second chance.

(I would've loved Rogue, but she wasn't vital. :P)

If it gets down to it, we can assume he's leading the Uncanny X-Men title none of us could be bothered to become the writer on. He'll be stuck with a team of Maggot, Skids, Toad, Adam X, Empath, and Artie. That is if no one selects Toad. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if someone does.

Hey. I want Maggot, Cyclops can't have him!

Problem is, odds are anyone who has a concept for their team would drastically upset that idea by including Cyclops, because whatever team he's on he's the leader. I wouldn't mind taking him myself but for those same reasons, I don't want Xavier and Cyclops to be the main dynamic of my book, it's Madrox's time to lead the X-men.

Magneto needs help filling out his privately funded team of Uncanny X-Force, and he turns to the one mutant he thinks can help with the first mission, which as of right now, is still classified, for Magneto's eyes only.

Scarlet_Witch.jpg

The Scarlet Witch. Adept at hand to hand combat, and you know, she can just fuck reality right up if she wanted to. So, Scarlet Witch, welcome to The Uncanny X-Force. You gigantic looney tune, you.

Des' next pick-

10_Rachel_Summers_Marvel_Swimsuit_Special_1992.jpg

Phoenix- Few know of the inhumanity of man as well as Rachel Summers. She is the daughter of Cyclops and Jean Grey from a future here she was abducted, tortured and brainwashed into being a Hound to hunt other mutants for the brutal Ahab.

Psylocke. Maybe she's Asian, maybe she's not. Who the fuck knows anymore? But she fills the bill of A) a telepath, and B) someone who dresses in such a way that it appears she will have sex with you in exchange for money, goods or services.

PsylockeSisterhood.jpg

I think he has near perfect aim and reflection/angle calculation. He's a motherfucker at pool.

"Intuitive spatial geometry" is an actual thing they are trying to make sound badass, apparently.

Also, my team name is nowhere near as funny as I thought it was the other day, so I'm changing to Weapon X.

Really struggling with my order on these, I'm leaving some of my favourites quite late in the hope that they'll still be there.

0.jpg

Quicksilver- The fastest mutant alive, a former terrorist, and an Avenger. Why is he working for Xavier? What does it have to do with his sister and his father being on the same team? One thing is for sure, nobody can truly trust Quicksilver.

OH SON OF A...

I literally had Molly Hayes ready to go with that same picture this very round but then I thought "oh, no-one's going to pick her, she's too obscure" and went with Quicksilver, figuring I could pick her up later. I mean, I have alternates but that's a big loss for me. Great fit for your team though Prof, and obviously I approve of the selection.

I gotta start just going with my gut, not my head.