Earth-2.net X-men Draft

Stavros

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Banshee. Not only does he have a history of fighting alongside Storm and Wolverine (in keeping with my team being old school), but like Boom Boom is more easy-going than the rest of the team; plus, the many aspects of his audiokinesis have the potential to turn the tide in any battle Wolverine and the X-Men participate in. As for his resurrection, I'm gonna echo what Hannah said about Nightcrawler and say, "Fuck you, he's Banshee; he's too cool to stay dead."

Before I begin, I had three character to fill this slot on my team. It was practically a coin toss. So, if anyone grabs Pixie or Spiral, all the more power to you. They're great choices.

"So, have you considered my offer?" Captain America asks Jean.

"I have a few eggs in my own basket right now but if you need a psychic, just send a thought my way. I'm actually here to talk to one of your team, a young man by the name of Billy Kaplan. He's the son of the Scarlet Witch, am I correct?"

"Technically, yes. It's a little complicated. Why?" They stop in the hallway, near a door on the 113th floor of Avengers Tower.

"I wasn't around for it but The Scarlet Witch created a devastation upon the mutant race. While most of her strength was mystic in nature, at it's core was a mutant power to alter reality. Cererba pinpoints that the same is true of Wiccan. Wanda was never properly trained with that aspect of her powers and look what happened. If we could start working with Billy now, who knows what he could become?"

Steve looks at Jean, studying her face.

"How about this? One of your younger X-Men in exchange for Billy. Think of it as an exchange program to improve relations between our two teams," Cap says. Jean hands him a list.

"Logan already put one together. It should be on your desk,"Jean says as she walks over to a door and opens in it. Inside is Billy Kaplan, Wiccan, doing homework.

"You're Jean Grey," he says.

"I've read about you in the papers after I came back. They say someone isn't a hero until they piss off Doctor Doom. How would you like to join the X-Men?"

"I don't think my parents would go for it. Don't you guys tend to die easily? Also, doubt they would want me to miss school?"

"My team is actually renting some of the lower floors on Avengers Tower to use as our base. Just think of it as an Afternoon and Weekend study group. Some of my team is your age so you'll have someone to talk to and your boyfriend is welcome to visit you while we're training. So, are you interested?"

wiccan3.jpg

Wiccan is the reincarnated son of the Scarlet Witch and Vision. He has inherited much of his mother's skills with the arcane and her ability to warp reality. He specializes in generating lightning and flight but has a number of spells at his disposal as well including teleportation.

After the events of her recent pregnancy, Siryn is looking to distance herself from the States for a while, and looking for something to believe in. Kitty's new Excalibur gives her just that.

Man, that storyline with her and Madrox and the pregnancy is FUCKED.

953090Caliban.jpg

Born a freak of nature, Caliban was abandoned by his father until he found Callisto and, using his mutant tracking powers, tracked down other freakish mutants to establish what is known today as The Morlocks. After finally finding a place where he belongs, Caliban witnessed the Marauders murder his Morlock family. Swearing revenge, Caliban begged Apocalypse to give him the power he gave Archangel to help him get revenge. Apocalypse transformed him into one of his Horsemen (the first of two times) when he hunted Sabretooth and would have killed him had he been aware of his healing factor. During The Twelve saga, Caliban was used against the X-Men by Apocalypse yet again, this time as the Horseman Pestilence. A gentle soul free from Apocalypse's sway, Caliban can find any mutant he is told to, making him the perfect scout for The Exiles!

I leave for work and by the time I get back almost a full day's draft has taken place, love it.

20.jpg

Hisako Ichiki aka Armour

A junior mutant but a full member of the X-men in her own right, Armour's status in the mutant community almost keeps pace with her rapidly growing powers. With a battlesuit-shaped forcefield shaped from her ancestors and with a Wolverine stamp of approval, Armour is ready to play her part in the future of her race.

I think we should show some love to DC, since an Avengers round would undoubtedly include crossover with this X-men one. I say Justice League next, then I'd like to try something odd- a cross company non-marvel or DC superteam. That opens up Image, Dark Horse, Oni Press, 2000 AD, the works. Imagine the joy of fielding a team with Rick from Walking Dead fighting alongside Hellboy, Judge Dredd and Knives Chau. Automatic win. Then back to Marvel for an Avengers draft. Gotta leave a respectable breathing space though, don't want to burn out the draft concept.

I really like the open company draft concept, imagine how you can use explaining why a particular character is great as a gateway to talking about your favourite indy comics.

With a blink, Agency X popped into existence in a London Street. Hope smiled at her team, secretly beaming a bit.

Hope: Okay, so, you guys head up the street, get something to eat find a pub or something, I'm going to go make a visit to our next candidate, he may not appreciate five people busting down his door.

Deadpool turns to Hope.

Deadpool: I'll come with you.

Hope shakes her head.

Hope: No, Wade. Especially not you. I can handle this. I'm totally safe.

Deadpool: This is a big city. There are dangerous people.

Hope: And I'm one of the most powerful telepaths alive. I'll know they're going to attack me before they do.

Deadpool swallows a comment, but nods. With the rest of the team, Deadpool stalks of down the street. Hope begins walking down the street, before turning a corner. She turns a corner and comes to a large brick house with a locked gate. An intercom sits under a bronze plaque engraved with the word “Wisdom.” As Hope presses the button to buzz the intercom, Layla Miller sidles up to her.

Layla: So, Pete Wisdom, huh?

Hope: What are you doing here, I told you to--

Layla: You'll need me for this. Trust me.

Hope scowls, but the gate unlocks itself, so there is no time for a retort. The ladies move up a narrow alley, before they are met in the yard by that Cadillac of Men, that handsome mutant super-spy, Pete Wisdom.

Wisdom looks at hope, then to Layla. He breaks into a lecherous grin.

Pete: Two of you? And it's not even my birthday.

Hope: I'm sorry, I'm Hope Summers and this is Layla Miller, we're here to talk to you about an opportunity.

Pete lowers himself into a lawn chair, picking up the drink he had set aside when the girls entered.

Pete: Kitty said you might show up. Okay, poppet. Toss me your pitch.

Hope: ...Excuse me?

Pete: Tell me what you want from me.

Hope is slightly on the spot, which allows Layla to swoop in.

Layla: Short version? We've assembled a very, very talented team to deal with some of the more unsavory characters around the world, and we think your background in espionage and international relations could be a real boon to our cause. Hope thinks she's a mutant messiah. I'm not convinced, I know you're not, but she's honestly trying to do some real, real good, and I know that's something you're willing to do.

Pete smirks and Hope stands there, staring at Layla, dumbfounded.

Hope: ...Thanks?

Pete: I have enough on my plate, girls, defending these islands. You know, I've got me own issues. Where were you when I was fighting off Dracula?

Hope wracks her brain.

Hope: I don't think I was born yet...

Pete's face drops.

Layla: This isn't about America, or just the UK. This is about the big picture. We're making the world a better place. This will directly effect you.

Layla grins, all teeth, no joy in her eyes.

Layla: Here's the deal. You come with us and you get to help us shape the world. You don't and we're doing this without you. We're not asking you a favor, we're trying to give you an opportunity. It's your choice, take it or leave it.

Pete looks over Layla, sizing her up before nodding.

Pete: I like you. I'm in.

sodoff.png

202157-96698-pete-wisdom-super.jpg

Pete Wisdom is a badass. He's a spy, soldier and one of the real defenders of England. His career accomplishments include besting Dracula, marrying the queen of the fairies, having the audacity to wear an eyepatch for no reason other than sex appeal and banging Kitty Pryde, a lot. Pete is also capable of generating “hot knives” projectiles/blades of pure thermal energy that he can either hold or throw. Pete's background as a spy will end up being incredibly useful for Agency X.