Point Break

Enemy Of The State

The Net

Glory

The Favulous Baker Boys

High Anxiety

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This has been suggested before and the relation to the theme of the episode might be too tenuous, but what about The Wizard of Oz as one of your Halloween movies?

The uttering of a particular line ("There's no place like home") multiple times has the effect of magically spiriting someone someplace (though Dorothy is both the summoner and the one summoned). Plus, the movie's antagonist is a witch and it has a few spooky moments in it, both Halloweeny elements.

• 7 months later...

I would actually be really interested to see you discuss, like, super successful movies.

Star Wars

Indiana Jones

Animal House

The Wizard of Oz

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Ghostbusters

Also Flash Gordon. The 1980 version is great for what it is, but before I die, I want to see a really good Flash Gordon movie.

On the subject of having an okay movie out but wanting to see a good version. How about a remake of Ray Bradbury's movies. I do not think I have met a person who saw "Farenheit 451" and wanted to see it remade.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Welcome, jeresyd, and thank you for the suggestions.

We've discussed doing Grease, Beverly Hills Cop, and 48 Hours, so I would not be surprised at all if they wind up being covered on the show. As for the rest, at present we're looking at the schedule post-episode 51 (Ghost), so I'll run these by Shana.

Country Life- Recently discovered this on Netflix and thought it might qualify as a possible hidden gem. It's a loose adaptation of Uncle Vanya set in Australia shortly before its independence movement, starring Sam Neill, and featuring a very good candidate for the next round of the Douchies. The score largely sucks, but the story and characters are strong enough that it could be retold in a number of settings. And while you have already reviewed and remade a Chekhovian movie, this one at least has a gun.

I'll second both of those. The Philadelphia Story is a classic screwball comedy and it would be interesting to hear who you think has the chops to be Katherine Hepburn. As for Rope, considering the villains are a coded gay couple and the experimental nature of the piece, it could make for an interesting discussion.

bukaroo banzai

big trouble in little china

the golden child

tango and cash

last action hero

hudson hawk

steel

die hard

bring it on

grease

beverly hills cop

48 hours

I would love to see Mike and Shana tackle Buckaroo Banzai! I am sure most hollywood studios would consider it un remake-able.

• 1 month later...