Guardians of the Galaxy

JackFetch

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get tired of people complaining about marketing for movies. Half the people I know still haven't heard of it yet. You are being bombarded by the ads because you are part of the demographic that they targeted. You watch the tv shows that they run ads on. Also, if you watch all the ads for it, they show the same scenes in all of them. You haven't seen very much of the movie. Saying you've seen the whole movie when you've actually seen about 3 minutes at the most is kind of annoying. We saw the big alien spaceships, the White House blowing up, and wisecracking Will Smith in the trailers for ID4 and yet nobody complained about them showing too much then. It hasn't changed, except now we see ads online as well.

^Pretty much.

Also, we haven't seen "the entire movie." We've seen lots of commercials and a few trailers showing a handful of scenes played over and over again. Watching five minutes from a 2-hour movie over and over again is not the same thing as watching a 2-hour movie. Hell, we barely know any actual plot points.

I get tired of people complaining about whether or not people have a right to complain.

It's pretty bad for me to say something is over-marketed considering I don't watch TV at all and rarely leave the house. It's not as if I'm going out of my way to watch trailers either, since I'm beyond burned out on comic book movies and really have no interest in this stuff anymore. The whole genre is overexposed.

I get tired of people complaining about marketing for movies. Half the people I know still haven't heard of it yet. You are being bombarded by the ads because you are part of the demographic that they targeted. You watch the tv shows that they run ads on. Also, if you watch all the ads for it, they show the same scenes in all of them. You haven't seen very much of the movie. Saying you've seen the whole movie when you've actually seen about 3 minutes at the most is kind of annoying. We saw the big alien spaceships, the White House blowing up, and wisecracking Will Smith in the trailers for ID4 and yet nobody complained about them showing too much then. It hasn't changed, except now we see ads online as well.

Don't you read movie scripts before seeing the movie?

Thunderbolts? I will tell you, one time I was saying to Kevin [Feige], we were sitting on set together on one of the days he visited and I said, ‘You know, I really want to make Thunderbolts,’ and he said, ‘James, if Guardians does well you’ll be able to do whatever you want so we’ll see what happens.

Source

I find it kind of fucking hilarious that the guy who wrote and ghost-directed Tromeo & Juliet is directing movies with budgets in the hundreds of millions of dollars. I'll reserve judgement on anything until I see it, but he's 1 for 2 with me so far on his official directorial efforts.