Guardians of the Galaxy

JackFetch

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

“You think it’s a cartoon character, but it’s not, it’s a very real creature,” Pratt said in an interview with Access Hollywood. ”[Rocket Raccoon has been] tortured his whole life and no one else likes him, so he’s lonely and he’s angry and it’s like, [there are] all these elements [to the character]. You sort of forget about that, you wouldn’t think about, [and] hopefully will come to life. I think it will and that’s why they hired a really good actor to do the role.”

“I could not be more excited that Bradley Cooper is voicing Rocket Raccoon," Pratt said. "It’s a great character. It’s probably the best character in the movie, just because it’s not what you would expect.”

Sounds like they are taking the character seriously.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I could see it happening. It's basically Marvel meets Star Wars, and proper old school Star Wars too, with a ragtag band of rebels and crazy aliens who aren't racist stereotypes.

I'm not even the biggest Zoe Saldana fan (she was unconvincing as a badass in The Losers) but she looks pretty scary there.

The official synopsis:

From Marvel, the studio that brought you the global blockbuster franchises of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers, comes a new team–the Guardians of the Galaxy. An action-packed, epic space adventure, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy expands the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the cosmos, where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe. To evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits–Rocket, a gun-toting raccoon, Groot, a tree-like humanoid, the deadly and enigmatic Gamora and the revenge-driven Drax the Destroyer. But when Peter discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must do his best to rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand - with the galaxy’s fate in the balance. Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy is presented by Marvel Studios. The film releases August 1, 2014, and is distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.

• 1 month later...