JLA Draft

dc20willsave

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Le Chateau Maltemps stirs with the quiet murmurs of bad people gossiping about other bad people as Maxwell Lord entered the dining hall. As the high society criminal's answer to a dive bar, it was a place to meet, eat, share drinks and plot.

"I give you four minutes to tell me why you've called me here."

"You told me over the phone that I had ten."

"You're six minutes late, and the clock is still ticking."

"You sound like one of Booker's friends. Look, we have something...untoward...to achieve. I've been asked to round up someone who's good at planning ops. You're the one that came to mind."

"You, Maxwell Lord, couldn't think of any other strategists?"

"Well, Werner, none who come with your set of abilities or lack of conscience."

"I'm intrigued."

"Something happened a year ago to a group of good people, and we need to be ruthless in order to put it right."

"Sounds more like a Checkmate Op than something to do with world domination," Werner responded, his accent soaking through his words in his revelry.

"Just like old times, then? Can I Count you in?"

"If," he sad raising his glass of incredibly expensive brandy, "you cut out the ridiculous puns, then you may have the service of Count Vertigo."

97841-100161-count-vertigo_large.jpg

The control room of New Kronos shines as Donna goes to use the controls she hasn't gotten to. A tinge of adventure fills her. She has everyone she needed from her Native Earth. Time to go elsewhere...

A bang, the entirety of New Kronos rocks, shakes as it orbits a new Earth undetected over the wasteland that was once Kansas. Earth-22. A few more gestures and...

A woman appears in the room. She looks around, confused then sees Donna. A hint of recognition.

"You're not our Troia, are you?" the woman responds. She looks around the room.

"No, but you once used Hypertime to save my life with your friends on my Earth. Those were... odder times."

"I remember that. Hypertime stopped working after all those Earths appeared in our sky and our Superman disappeared."

Donna shakes her head, "Hypertime was never really a thing. It was a tool by which people could travel an already shattered multiverse, surf the fragments if you will. Your connection to the speedforce also gives you access to that innate ability to run between Earths. It's part of why I picked you over every other Flash in the Multiverse."

The woman runs her fingers through her red hair, "What's the other reason?"

"One of the unintentional effects of when Barry Allen first traveled between what was then Earth-1 and Earth-2 was that it instilled a Macrocosm that during any Crisis-level event, a Flash will be the turning point. What we're facing isn't one yet, it has every potential to be. We need a Flash. You've saved my life once. I'm asking your help to save your world and all worlds," Donna holds out a hand. Iris West shakes it.

300px-Kingdom_Kid_Flash_1.jpg

Iris West is the Kid Flash of Earth-22, the world of Kingdom Come. She possesses an innate connection to the Speed Force and the ability to use "hypertime" to travel between Earths. She's also one of the best dresses Flashes if I do say so myself.

Moving New Kronos is becoming much more familiar to Donna. She has to just work past redundant systems and remember that there are equal levels of magic and technology to it all. Then once you-

"Whatcha ya doing?" the voice behind Donna asks. She jumps and turns around.

A nineteen year old girl, jeans, Asian.Not what she was expecting.

"You really should pay more attention. You nearly crashed into our ship when you were traveling through the Bleed." The girls says. She looks around the room and casually flips with the dials.

"How did you get here?" Donna asks.

"Short range teleportation. It took The Engineer only a few minutes to find the right way to get through your shields. From there I just teleported a couple of minutes into your past and then just waited until I could give you the biggest shock," She says.

Donna looks at her, "You look familiar."

"Unlikely though your Earth might have a version of me for all I know. Where ya going?"

"Earth-23. There's a version of Aquaman I wanted to recruit from there."

"Well, you're going to long way there. The Universe's are organized Alphabetically, not Numerically," The girl says. Donna starts to look annoyed and opens her mouth only for the girl to continue, "How I know how to fly this is because I'm pretty positive my Earth is going to master multidimensional travel by 2100. Tell you what, give me five minutes to go back to the carrier, grab some of my things, kiss my dads goodbye, and then I'll help you pilot this thing to whereever you're going. That sound good."

The girl starts to walk towards a sidedoor. Donna calls after her, "I'm Donna Troy. Who're you?"

The girl looks back at Donna, smiles, "I'm Jenny Quantum." She teleports away.

Jenny_Quantum_01.jpg

Jenny Quantum is the spirit of the 21st century. Her powers are nearly unquantifiable. She has demonstrated teleportation, chronokinesis, energy manipulation, and the ability to manipulate matter at the quantum level. She's also living proof that two gay men can raise a fucking awesome daughter.

"What the hell is HE doing here?!" Count Vertigo shouted while pointing at Flash.

"Yes," Merlyn said looking at Major Disaster, "why did you not tell me exactly who it was I was dealing with? And who the hell is she?"

"Kasumi can more than handle herself," Flash said, "and you are all owed an explanation."

"Yes, and so am I."

The voice boomed from the rafters of their small warehouse meeting place. The man who it belonged to dropped quickly, landing in a crouch with sword drawn in his left hand and pistol in his right. His maskless face and missing eye betrayed his age and war-wear, but the body language of everyone in the room betrayed their respect - or fear - of the man.

"Lord, try to even think about making me put my weapons down and you'll have worse than a nosebleed. Merlyn, don't bother, I've beat Green Arrow and he kicks your ass every other week. Disaster, you look better in your pink and blue pajamas. Kid Flash," he said reveling in the flinch the name gave the face of the team leader, "I have sound sensitive bombs rigged all around us. You break the sound barrier and they go off. We all die. You could try and run below the speed of sound, but I'm pretty sure I can remove your head before you get to me."

"Lady and gentlemen," Flash said, "the man I've assembled you to kill."

"I'm flattered. I really am, kid sidekick, but you forgot one thing: I'm better than all of you combined. So now that I've got you all together, here's what we're going to -"

"Wait! He's in charge?!" Max shouted looking at Flash.

"Believe me, this is the first I'm hearing of it. Look, you left the note, you want to kill me right?"

"More or less," he replied, "but I was really just trying to get your attention. Here's what's going down. A couple years ago, Flash, the...girl...and a few of their friends infiltrated a group of bad men trying to stop another bad man. In the process, that bad man, who happened to be the Prime Minister of a country was assassinated."

"We cleared our men of that..."

"I'm aware of that. While you and your pals left to concentrate on your own internal affairs investigation and the Justice League was watching to see the outcome, the Bhat government loyalists eradicated an entire ethnic group. Three million people. No one came to help. No one cared."

"Jesus..." Flash cringed and leaned against a large wooden crate.

"Fuck!" Major Disaster looked at the floor.

"Your team leader on that operation was disguised as me. You can see how I have a problem with that? I have lost contracts from most governments and have taken a substantial hit to my record."

"So," Max began in his usual understanding tone, "you want US to follow YOU because you took a shot to your reputation?"

"No Lord, I'm assuming that you jerkoffs are as chomping at the bit to take on some mean bastards guilty of genocide as I am. Let's go."

deathstroke-fold.JPG

Five years ago, at Wizard World Philly, I recorded a panel with Marv Wolfman. During the discussion, he said something like he never saw Deathstroke as a villain. He simply lived by his own code of ethics; in his head, he was always right. (Or something to that effect.) Along those lines, Des, you nailed the perfect Wolfman Deathstroke. :yes:

Starfire Story Post:

Scott Free, Frankenstein and Vic Sage sat at Scott's kitchen table, while the Huntress kept watch on Jason Todd in the living room. Scott had his Mother Box pulled, and was furiously scanning the alien weapon that Question had brought into his home.

Mr. Miracle: Well, that's interesting.

Frankenstein: You know this weapon?

Mr. Miracle: No, I don't. That's what's interesting. I've seen almost every weapon in the galaxy and I have no idea what this is.

His mother box pinged quietly, drawing his attention.

Question: What was that?

Mr. Miracle: Mother Box has finished looking over the composition. Are you sure it's alien?

Question: No, not really. Why? What is it?

Mr. Miracle: Whatever this thing is, it's composition is entirely terran. It might be alien plans, but it's being made from Earth materials. I'm going to consult a... fellow alien weapons expert here, just... let me boom out and back, eh?

Frankenstein: What?

Free grabbed his Mother Box and the crash of space/time being folded and opened sounded through the air. He dashed into the Boom Tube and within a few seconds. It closed.

Question: Boom Tube. 4th World technology, it's a way of traveling great distances in a--

Scott returned, with a Boom, and was followed by a young woman, clad in purple with orange skin and green eyes. From the other room, Jason Todd cried out.

Todd: Starfire! Haha, Grayson will be so jealous!

Starfire frowned.

Starfire: You did not mention that Red Hood would be here, Friend Scott.

Mr. Miracle: Sorry, ignore him. We're all trying to.

Starfire smiled to the Question and Frankenstein.

Starfire: Hello new friends, who-do-not-have-faces-or-are-strange-green-men, I am Koriand'r, but my friends call me Starfire. Allow me to observe your weapon and ascertain its origins!

Nightwing-and-Starfire-dc-comics-14486473-300-455.jpg

And my final pick, with story post tomorrow...

Blackadam52.PNG

Black Adam

I had three ideas at first. If someone had grabbed Donna Troy before I got her, I was going to go for Teen Titans and pick Bunker for my team. For that matter, up until the moment that the draft started, I was up in the air between Tim or Deadshot as my first pick and doing Suicide Squad for my team.