JLA Draft

dc20willsave

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tall elegant man in the dressing gown, his red hair bisected by a dramatic streak of white, contemplated one of the many artifacts in his study. "You are aware that I can only control....him as long as I keep him inside of me. The whole point of my staying out of the public eye is to keep him docile."

The black man leaned against the doorway, arms crossed. "But he's getting restless Jason, isn't he?"

"He's restless all the time," Jason Blood replied. "But I find the discipline in not calling on him a source of strength."

"But I'm willing to bet that if you let him out once in a while," the visitor said, "he'd be more docile more often."

"Even if I admit that that is a possibility, how can you get him to agree to let me back out."

The visitor smiled. "I have my methods."

Jason Blood smirked. "You are not the first one to claim a way to tame him."

"I'll make you a deal," the visitor said, unfolding his arm and stepping to Blood. "Let me talk directly to him. I bet that I can get him to agree to this arrangement."

Blood raised an eyebrow. "This could be very dangerous."

"This project is definitely dangerous. I might as well start playing with fire now."

Jason Blood stared at the visitor for a long time. He took a deep breath. "Very well. Let it be on your head."

The psychic detective stepped away from the visitor. He stared a little more, then closed his eyes. A voice emerged from his throat, one that changed by the second until it became a hideous, bestial whisper.

"Change, Change O Form Of Man!

Release the might from fleshy mire!

Boil the blood in heart of fire!

Gone, Gone The Form Of Man....

Arise The Demon--

The_Demon_Transformation_III_by_craigcermak.jpg

Etrigan!

Oracle had said she was sending a friend of hers over to talk to him about some school or something. And Jaime had to admit, he was pretty interested in the idea of a superhero school.

He just didn't expect the friend to be freakin' Power Girl.

Jaime Reyes was trying to hardest to keep his eyes on her face, and to not let them drift down to the hole in her costume. Not only was it rude, but his Mama would smack him upside the head. He was concentrating so hard that he might not have heard everything she was saying.

"...and then we'll show you how to use rocket packs to fly to the moon and become astronauts."

"Huh?" Jaime blinked rapidly a few times.

Power Girl sighed. "You haven't been listening to a word I've been saying, have you?"

"No, no, I have! You basically want me to enroll in a Hogwarts for superheroes!"

It was her turn to look at him blankly. "...Huh?"

"Lady, you have got to get with the times, especially if you're gonna have a bunch of teenagers running around. Anyways, I'm in. I just have to be able to get home to my family, I'm not in for the whole boarding school thing."

Just as Jaime mentioned family, Milagro ran around the corner, playing with her Blue Beetle and Power Girl dolls. Her eyes got wide as she saw Power Girl leaning against their front door, and scooted into the next room. Jaime laughed a little. "Sorry, she's a little shy..."

They both could hear her proud exclamation from the next room of, "NOW KISS!", and the sound of two dolls being banged together. Awkward silence reigned as she peeked her head in, looking at the both of them, as if she expected her dolls to be little voodoo dolls, Jaime and Power Girl determinedly NOT looking at each other.

"Uhm, so yeah, I'm in."

307271-194888-blue-beetle_super.jpg

Jaime Reyes picked up the Blue Beetle scarab one day in El Paso, Texas, and his whole life changed. With his family firmly standing behind him, Jaime finds his way in the world as the new Blue Beetle.

Hey, if it wasn't for James trying to snatch every mage in the DCU, you might actually have snatched him away from me...on my 'order of choosing' he was scheduled dead last. When I saw the writing on the wall, I bumped him ahead of everyone else to make sure he was part of my team.

So what I'm saying is, at its core, Blame James...:D

Oracle sat with the young girl on the rooftops of Gotham, listening to all that had happened to her in England, her encounter with her father, and her brush with Black Mercy. Stephanie had come so far since Barbara had heard that Cass had passed the mantle onto her, and god knew she'd been one of the loudest voices against her taking it up.

She'd come so far, but she still had a ways to go. And she needed to be able to grow, in a more supportive environment than she had started out with with Barbara. If she really thought about it, Stephanie had been one of the reasons she'd even thought about forming this team in the first place.

"Steph. Before you go, there's something I want to talk with you about."

The blonde grinned broadly. "Sure. What is it?"

"There's this... well, this school, that I'm starting up - "

Steph interrupted her. "Is this like the last school you sent me to? Cause, I'm sorry, but I'm kind of done with those for a while after these most recent hijinx."

Barbara laughed gently. "No, nothing like that. Let me explain..."

1026607-batgirl_7.jpg

Stephanie Brown's path from the daughter of the Cluemaster to Batgirl hasn't exactly been the smoothest one, but she's come into her own under the cowl.

Could be interesting.

I think the really fun thing about later rounds of a draft like this is, like Mike said, we can start to see the teams forming. Among other things, it also lets you know who might grab one of your big picks. A good example is James grabbing all the mages. Someone who was going to be my round seven pick is now going to be round 4 to ensure that I get them. On the other end of the spectrum, You Know Who and Hannah's teams are both recruiting from pools that I'm not going to be poaching from or I already got what I wanted from. Then you have Koete where fuck if any of us know what he's doing. For all I know, Beefeater will be his next pick.